"If we would have said we can get a split, or even three points, we would have been happy", said Strome, who was reared in nearby Mississauga, Ontario, and who deftly tallied two goals and two assists.
Tonight's game is the penultimate contest between these two Original Six franchises, with the Leafs set to visit MSG on February 5, to conclude the season series.
The Maple Leafs are 1-7 of their final eight video games once they performed the day prior to this, however are additionally 13-2 of their final 15 video games as a house favorite of -200 to -250 on the moneyline.
"It seems to be more frequent these days than when I played, I'm not sure if that is the case, but it seems to be", Keefe said. "It feels good to get the win. It would have stung a little bit to not get the two points, but it feels good". New Jersey averages 10.0 penalty minutes per game, the fifth-most in the National Hockey League. But when DeAngelo scored, Lindgren said "I was probably the loudest guy on the bench".
With Trevor Moore and Andreas Johnsson already out, call-up Adam Brooks likely plays Saturday against the Rangers.
Defenceman Damon Severson backhanded the puck into his own net gifting the Leafs a 5-4 victory in New Jersey Friday night. The Rangers are 10th in aims scored (3.22 per recreation) nonetheless rank 26th in aims in opposition to (3.22).
"They were pushing the disk in the corner and he was there and suddenly I could see a ton of blood coming from somewhere ... much more than a normal tall stick or something, so I hope it's fine", said Hutchinson.
"Playing from behind is tough", Keefe said. ". Sometimes in overtime you trade chances and Georgiev made one or two great saves and we went the other way".
It is an obvious statement but the Blueshirts' playoff hopes are already hanging by a thread, and they must start putting together a large swath of wins if they are to return to the postseason this year.
Never mind Mikheyev's solid play, the 25-year-old forward quickly became popular among his Leafs teammates for his desire to become a comfortable piece of the team off the ice. "Sometimes it just takes off nicely for you".
Tavares tied it at 4 with 11:45 left in the third period with a tap-in power-play goal from Blackwood's crease.
- U.S. stocks fluctuate after hitting record highs
- Several killed after plane with 100 on board crashes in Kazakhstan
- NK holds crucial meeting ahead of year-end deadline set for US
- Joe Biden Says He Would Defy Subpoena in Trump Impeachment Trial
- Ohio State loses touchdown after fumble reversed to incompletion on review
- New Galaxy S11 Plus camera render makes it look less ugly
- 3 takeaways: Boston Celtics roar past Toronto Raptors
- 'Imus In The Morning' Radio Show Host Don Imus Dies At 79
- Several stabbed during Hanukkah celebration at rabbi’s home
- Is former Steeler Antonio Brown signing with the Saints?