The Eagles defeated the Browns 29-10.
According to veteran Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot, the team will speak with former longtime Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy later this week.
McCarthy, 56, has been out of the National Football League since being fired by the Packers in 2018, in part because his relationship with quarterback Aaron Rodgers had devolved and the Packers front office grew exhausted of his at times predictable offensive schemes.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero broke down some potential candidates Cleveland is expected to consider in its latest coaching search.
Last season, Stefanski was a finalist for the job before the Browns hired Freddie Kitchens for the job.
This year, two head coaches - the Carolina Panthers' Ron Rivera and Washington Redskins' Jay Gruden - were fired mid-season (Rivera, though, is reportedly set to replace Gruden in D.C.), and a couple of other coaches are still on the hot seat, namely the Jacksonville Jaguars' Doug Marrone and the Dallas Cowboys' Jason Garrett. Offensive coordinator Todd Monken, defensive coordinator Steve Wilks and all the other assistant coaches and staffers are still members of the Cleveland Browns. Kitchens was then promoted to OC before becoming the head coach in 2019.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed later Monday that Browns asked for permission to interview Roman about their head coaching position and that the Ravens will allow the interview to take place.
When the season started, hopes were high that Kitchens, along with Baker Mayfield and company, could restore this franchise and lead them to a Super Bowl.
- Sony files patent for new PlayStation controller with extra buttons
- Ranking the first- and second-year head coaches
- Top 10 highest-selling smartphones globally in Q3 2019
- NK holds crucial meeting ahead of year-end deadline set for US
- Five stabbed in 'cowardly' attack on New York Hanukkah celebration
- New York Governor Says Stabbing at Rabbi's Home an 'Act of Terrorism'
- 'Great to be home' - Moyes delighted to be back at West Ham
- Mikheyev is out at least 3 months after his injury
- How to succeed at your New Year's resolutions this year
- Ohio State loses touchdown after fumble reversed to incompletion on review