Remember, like he did in Washington four seasons ago after shining in an unlikely Redskins victory? Like dough to an un-floured countertop. Cousins has never taken snaps on the road in the playoffs.
Cook and Mattison both getting in full practices is great news for Minnesota's offense, which will need to be playing its best if the team is going to pull off an upset over the Saints on Sunday.
Last Friday, the Saints shocked the National Football League world when they flew Brown out to New Orleans to work him out.
Eisen: "So what do you mean by that, Cam?" You know, everyone has deadlines.
Jordan: "Uhhhhhhhh, I'll stick to the first statement". Cousins went just 3 for 10 for 31 yards in relief. "It's a long season". Top shelf by nearly any statistical standard.
All three games were played in Minneapolis. No matter what else happens, if the Saints move on, they will play the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. After he had a few days to watch the tape he essentially changed his tune (as the Star Tribune noted) and said that they should "probably" get Cousins out of the pocket more so he isn't just standing around. He was the backup for Washington as a rookie in 2012, when he replaced an injured Robert Griffin III in the fourth quarter against Seattle in a 24-14 defeat. The Vikings are back in the playoffs after a one year absence, but are looking for their first win on Wil Card weekend since 2004.
That's when Cousins' pattern of performance oscillation began. Minnesota turned it over three times.
"I know the city shuts down for Saints games", said Vikings rookie tight end Irv Smith Jr., who grew up in the city and played in the Sugar Bowl during his sophomore year at Alabama.
Minnesota is more than a one-touchdown underdog. Typically, that's the hardest throw to make for quarterbacks because their momentum is going one way and the ball has to go another way. "They like competing. That's our mind-set - get ready to go and compete".
And if he picks up career playoff win No. 1?
The victor of the game between the No. 6-seeded Vikings and the No. 3-seeded Saints will advance to take on either the No. 1 San Francisco 49ers or the No. 2 Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Round.
It's unclear if that affected New Orleans' decision on whether to sign Brown.
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Monday he was already asleep by the time the Seahawks-49ers game ended Sunday night, solidifying the Vikings' trip to New Orleans for the first round of the playoffs.
- Tobacco age requirement increased to 21
- Browns to interview McCarthy after passing on him last offseason
- Israel's Netanyahu seeks immunity in graft cases
- Ex-Nissan CEO reportedly in Lebanon amid legal troubles in Japan
- Democrats highlight difference within Republicans over impeachment trial
- Ted Cruz: ‘Certainly Possible’ That Several Republicans Vote to Remove Trump
- Snow, strong winds expected on New Year's Eve in London area
- Texas Church Shooting: Assailant wore wig, fake beard, says security guard
- Sony files patent for new PlayStation controller with extra buttons
- World rings in the new year amid wildfires, protests