Apple hasn't yet finalized the design but is believed to have narrowed things down to just two potential options.
The information, therefore, suggests Apple is deciding between a revamped version of the iPhone 8 Plus or an updated iPhone XR created to replace the existing version. However, the same can not be said about the notches on phones from other brands, they simply wanted to look like the iPhone at best.
When Apple introduced its first iPhone design with a screen notch, it got powerful critique from purists.
According to a prior report from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has often correctly forecast Apple's yet-to-be-released hardware, the phone will hit the market as soon as March 2020 after going into production in January.
Little is known about what the phone will bring in terms of specifications but a similar configuration to the iPhone 9 does seem extremely likely. Other reports also claim that the phones will be branded as the iPhone 9 line. The under-screen camera will be integrated only in the top model, which will be the most expensive, while the cheaper models will be based on iPhone 11.
Under the hood, the smartphone is said to be powered by a powerful processor bionic A13 chipset, clubbed with 3GB of RAM.
Another report has suggested that the entire iPhone screen could be transformed into a fingerprint scanner. The high-end models will sport an OLED display while the low-end one will come with LCD display. A price point of $499 is very likely. The report adds that the company is expected to replace the Face ID with in-display fingerprint sensor or a biometric sensor which will be placed on the side of the device. That said, the launch of the iPhone 12 is nine months away. However, there has been no official news from Apple (AAPL) about this.
The three smaller handsets may have twin rear cameras, whereas the Plus and Max fashions will characteristic triple rear digital camera with Time-of-Flight 3D sensing capabilities.
- Israel's Netanyahu seeks immunity in graft cases
- Lizzo, Olivia Wilde React to Barack Obama's 2019 "Favorites" List
- Snow, strong winds expected on New Year's Eve in London area
- Xavi reckons Guardiola will 'prioritise the Champions League'
- Deaths of two men found in Kent lane 'not suspicious'
- Ex-Nissan CEO reportedly in Lebanon amid legal troubles in Japan
- The hardest working member of the royal family is revealed
- Eagles Playoff Picture: Standings & Postseason Scenarios for Week 17
- Democrats highlight difference within Republicans over impeachment trial
- Scores of animals killed in fire at German zoo