The Italian guided Napoli to a Champions League win over Liverpool in southern Italy back in September, and followed it up with a draw at Anfield in November.
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti said his team must produce the flawless game in their FA Cup third round match at Liverpool on Sunday if they are to end two decades of disappointment in the Merseyside derby at Anfield. Communication wise is really good - his English is absolutely OK but his German is really good, it doesn't help the team much but we can talk.
"In terms of wealth and status, Everton can not replace any of the established "top six".
Liverpool lead City by 16 points and look on course to win their first ever Premier League title.
"It is a fantastic challenge for us and I want to be focused on them and not lose time talking about the transfer market because in this moment I want to put all of my energy into explaining to the players what type of game I want them to play. But it would be nice if people could give him some time".
"So congratulate Manchester City for that", Guardiola told reporters.
"[We played] really well, we played top", Guardiola said after the Everton result.
It was the latest VAR decision to go against City this season and Mahrez responded with a stinging drive that forced a good save from Pickford.
Injuries and a lack of starts due to the brilliance of Sergio Aguero have hampered Jesus, 22, since his move to City in January 2017.
The scores were level at the break, meaning City have failed to score a first-half goal in six of their last eight home Premier League games, but they got their opener just six minutes after the restart.
Seven minutes later and Jesus had again found the net, stepping up when his team needed him most.
Jesus doubled his account when Mahrez slipped Jesus in with a simple pass and the striker rifled a shot inside the near post to make it 2-0.
- Dalvin Cook declares himself at "full strength" ahead of Saints game
- Tens of thousands mourn Iran general after United States airstrike
- GOP Sen. Josh Hawley vows to seek dismissal of impeachment articles
- Japan calls on Interpol for Ghosn's handover
- Iranian Tension Rises after U.S. Drone Strike Kills Top Iranian Commander
- BTS wow fans with New Year’s Eve performance in Times Square
- Tens of thousands caught in deadly Indonesian floods
- Kepa can only do so much as Chelsea are held by Brighton
- Iran's top military chief Qasem Soleimani killed in US strike
- Twitter reacts to Tom Brady, Patriots getting eliminated from playoffs