Not to mention the fact he's worked under Pep Guardiola's wing at Manchester City.
Arteta is the overwhelming favourite to take over from Unai Emery in north London, and he had a third and final interview with the club's hierarchy on Monday night.
"He came here three years ago, and had to find his way a little bit, because to transition from player to coach is a little bit different", said the Belgian midfielder.
"All the time when you come in a new club which is struggling, you need the backing of your board to listen to you and do what you want". He knows what we want, what we'd like, but in the end, it's his decision.
Instead, two senior Arsenal officials: managing director Vinai Venkatesham and Huss Fahmy, director of football operations; drove to Arteta's home in Manchester for talks which ended at 1.20am yesterday, with photographs later emerging of the pair leaving.
While the result sees City move to within four points of second-placed Leicester, Arsenal are now as close to the relegation zone as they are to the top four - a gap of seven points.
"If you look at City, when we were able to counter against them - and that was one of our game plans - they had five yellow cards from bringing us down when we had a chance to counter".
Guardiola told a pre-match media conference: "He's talking with Arsenal so I don't know what's going to happen". "Teams want him. He knows exactly what we would like".
"We were so smart to pick him up and now the others want him".
"We'll see the feeling in February".
They have more experience in this competition but we'll try to compete with them.
Guardiola added on being kept in the loop regarding Arteta's meeting with Arsenal's director at the start of the week: "Yes, I knew it. I have incredible confidence to do a good two games".
The winger has not played since suffering an injury during the Community Shield victory over Liverpool in August.
"It's an incredible test for us", said the Catalan.
- Qassem Soleimani killing: Prominent red ring on finger helped identify Iranian general
- Kohli picked as captain of Ponting’s Test team of the decade
- Amy Klobuchar's campaign raises $ 11.4 million raised in the fourth quarter
- Dow Shoots to Record Despite Hint That China Fears Marathon Trade War
- Iranian Tension Rises after U.S. Drone Strike Kills Top Iranian Commander
- Donald Trump reiterates threat to target Iranian cultural sites
- University rampage sparks new protests across India
- Kepa can only do so much as Chelsea are held by Brighton
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - more players now than in 2015
- 'Hopefully unlikely' - Tom Brady optimistic on Patriots stay after Titans loss