Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said his team is exclusively focused on lifting the Spanish Super Cup trophy ahead of this week's revamped four-team competition taking place in Saudi Arabia.
"It's a one-off match". "We're playing well and we're not anxious about how many goals we score, as we're just anxious about winning. Everything changes but our mentality, it doesn't change".
Here are five players who will need to shine in order for Los Merengues to pick up a win over a tough Valencia side in Saudi Arabia.
Newspaper El Mundo reported that 9% of 12,000 tickets available to Spanish fans have been distributed, with Valencia fans taking up only 26 tickets and Atletico picking up 50.
He had to delay his news conference until after training after the driver took him and Sergio Busquets - who was also due to speak to the media before the session - in the direction of the King Abdullah Sport City Stadium by mistake.
The Croatian was dropped to the bench in important games against Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid, but with displays like the one against Valencia he may regain his spot in the first XI.
"There are no favourites. We're fully focused on the semi-final, which for us is like a cup final".
Luka Jovic has scored just once for Real since his move from Eintracht Frankfurt in July but the Serbian forward is set to lead the attack in the absence of Benzema.
Luka Jovic's struggles continued as he struck the post from close range before Modric added a final flourish, selling Gabriel Paulista with a stepover left before guiding the ball into the far corner with the ouside of his right foot.
But Madrid boss Zidane is pleased to be part of the tournament as he aims to take another piece of silverware back to the Bernabeu.
"I'm happy for his goal and for that sprint in the 90th minute with Valverde for the goal". We need another great game in order to progress from the semi-final.
- Sony Announces, Of All Things, The Vision-S Concept Car
- University rampage sparks new protests across India
- Venezuela: Juan Guaido brands rival speaker accomplice of the dictatorship
- 'Never threaten the Iranian nation,' Rouhani warns Trump
- Iranians take credit for rocket attack on Iraqi base of USA troops
- Air France suspends air travel to Iran, Iraq
- Australia wildfires: How to help victims and firefighters
- Jennifer Aniston And Brad Pitt Reunite At The 2020 Golden Globes
- United Kingdom re-establishes RN shipping escorts as Gulf crisis escalates
- Arsenal advances to FA Cup fourth round with victory over Leeds United