To the crowd's excitement, the first announcement was their 3 Generation AMD Ryzen 4000 Mobile Processor line. It's the first 7-nanometer x86 mobile processor and features 8 cores and 16 threads, which translates to a ton of computing power that can be crammed into some of the slimmest and lightest laptops out there. The Ryzen 4000 series works across markets, with their U-Series focused on ultrathin laptops, H-series for gamers and creators, and Pro-series for the professional laptops.
LAS VEGAS-At its CES media conference on January 6th, AMD announced a slew of products, including a 64-core Threadripper processor, new performance mobile processors, and the new Radeon RX 5600XT graphics card.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc, trying to justify a meteoric stock performance previous year, said its new laptop processors will eclipse the performance of offerings from rival Intel Corp.
AMD also showed that the Ryzen 4800U provides double-digit performance improvements over Intel's Core i7-1065G7 across a variety of content creation benchmarks and applications, with gains reaching as high as 49 percent. The bigger question-and one that can't be so quickly answered-is how well Ryzen 4000 series systems will idle.
The other model is a 14-inch laptop with AMD's latest mobile processing chipset.
Last night during its CES 2020 presentation, AMD officially announced the RX 5600 XT for desktop systems, describing it as "the ultimate 1080p gaming card". Yet, most of what was announced were scheduled for Q1 of 2020.
With 128 threads, the flagship processor from the third generation of Threadripper processors has a base clock of 2.9 GHz that goes up to 4.3 GHz on Turbo. That means the 3990X can take down Intel's dual-socket competition for a much lower price.
With the new Ryzen 4000 processors, AMD hopes not only to catch up with Intel, but also to achieve leadership in performance and battery life.
Tests by AMD have stated that the Radeon RX 5600 XT is - on average - up to 55% faster than the GeForce GTX 1060 6GB with up to 20% higher performance than the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti in some titles.
- LG highlights an array of 8K TVs at CES 2020
- Troops deployed across fire-hit Australia after horror weekend
- Novak Djokovic concerned about bushfire smoke at Australian Open
- Jack Knox: Locals helped Prince Harry, Meghan and Archie enjoy holiday peace
- Justin Bieber is battling Lyme disease
- British woman given four month suspended sentence over 'false' rape claim
- Trump, US lawmakers battle over war powers amid Iran tensions
- Djokovic and Nadal lead their countries to convincing wins at ATP Cup
- LG announces new 8K OLED TVs with smart upscaling and AirPlay 2
- A masked mob tore through an Indian university. Why didn't police act?