Timing is still somewhat uncertain, but the general idea is that severe storms are possible from as early as 10 AM in the Shoals to as late as 6 PM near the Alabama/Georgia border. Wind advisories will begin at midnight. Some gusts over 40 miles per hour will be possible.
Many people could be driving home from work between 2 and 4 p.m., she said, making the time period an especially bad one for severe weather. Highest severe weather risk will be east of an Eastland to Junction line.
Hurricane-force wind gusts and hail the size of baseballs could accompany potent storms that also threaten to spin up tornadoes and drench the South with heavy rains, forecasters said Friday. The combination of a moderately unstable airmass and very strong shear, resulting from unusually strong low level winds, will co-exist during a window from the pre-dawn hours through much of the morning. It has quarter-size hail, with the potential for accumulating into small hail. Make sure your batteries are working in your weather radios in case there are power outages. Platt says there's also a risk of an isolated tornado and urges Central Texans to seek shelter, if that's the case. She advises residents - whether they're in a auto or at home - know where to go for safety and keep an eye on the forecast. The rain chances increase to 70% Saturday night and into Sunday.
Expect scattered showers today with a chance for thunderstorms. Even though we have all the ingredients, it is possible that we just see some rain and wind. Overnight lows were 20-30 degrees above normal thanks to gusty southeast winds and warm, moist air moving into North Alabama.
- Justin Bieber is battling Lyme disease
- 'Never threaten the Iranian nation,' Rouhani warns Trump
- Air France suspends air travel to Iran, Iraq
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Trump, US lawmakers battle over war powers amid Iran tensions
- Why are Harry and Meghan taking a break? This poll explains
- Iranians take credit for rocket attack on Iraqi base of USA troops
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Watch AMD's CES 2020 keynote in 10 minutes