Last weekend, Kate and William also had an early celebration for her birthday in their country home at Anmer Hall in Norfolk, when they continued their annual tradition of inviting their closest friends for a weekend in the country.
Meghan's marriage to Harry in 2018 was heralded as the dawn of a new golden age for the royals and the couple frequently appeared alongside Kate and William in their first months together.
The saddest thing of all, though, is that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle won't be there to cheer when Kate blows out her candles - it's gotten that bad.
Daily Mail Femail Editor Charlie Lankston told Access Hollywood that Kate was happy to make special time for Will's side of the family amid her big weekend.
Prince William wanted his wife Kate Middleton to be called "princess" like his mother Princess Diana.
And then of course gala dinners with tiara and elegant clothes, family photos, personal projects and many new patronages, which are the concrete demonstration of Queen Elizabeth's esteem for Kate.
Amid the shock over Harry and Meghan's announcement, the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday on Thursday looked at risk of being overshadowed.
Prince Charles was said to be "absolutely furious" that the row between Harry and the rest of the royal family was undermining his work overseas as well as his own TV documentary.
- Trump, US lawmakers battle over war powers amid Iran tensions
- Venezuela: Juan Guaido brands rival speaker accomplice of the dictatorship
- Dow hits a new record: 29000 points
- Putin meets with Syria's Assad with the Middle East on edge
- 'Fail Not:' What To Watch Ahead Of Trump's Senate Trial
- Joe Judge leaving Patriots to become new Giants head coach
- Djokovic and Nadal lead their countries to convincing wins at ATP Cup
- Why are Harry and Meghan taking a break? This poll explains
- Boeing worker says 737 MAX 'designed by clowns'
- Novak Djokovic concerned about bushfire smoke at Australian Open