Last weekend, Kate and William also had an early celebration for her birthday in their country home at Anmer Hall in Norfolk, when they continued their annual tradition of inviting their closest friends for a weekend in the country.
Meghan's marriage to Harry in 2018 was heralded as the dawn of a new golden age for the royals and the couple frequently appeared alongside Kate and William in their first months together.
The saddest thing of all, though, is that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle won't be there to cheer when Kate blows out her candles - it's gotten that bad.
Daily Mail Femail Editor Charlie Lankston told Access Hollywood that Kate was happy to make special time for Will's side of the family amid her big weekend.
Prince William wanted his wife Kate Middleton to be called "princess" like his mother Princess Diana.
And then of course gala dinners with tiara and elegant clothes, family photos, personal projects and many new patronages, which are the concrete demonstration of Queen Elizabeth's esteem for Kate.
Amid the shock over Harry and Meghan's announcement, the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday on Thursday looked at risk of being overshadowed.
Prince Charles was said to be "absolutely furious" that the row between Harry and the rest of the royal family was undermining his work overseas as well as his own TV documentary.
- Severe weather with possible tornadoes coming Friday evening
- Snow squall warning in effect: Environment Canada
- Dow hits a new record: 29000 points
- Signs Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Would Step Down
- Air France suspends air travel to Iran, Iraq
- Australia and Russian Federation storm into ATP Cup semi-finals
- Djokovic and Nadal lead their countries to convincing wins at ATP Cup
- Apple iPhone hits double-digit growth in China, official data shows
- Dean Smith wants to end long trophy wait for Aston Villa
- Aircraft with 180 onboard crashes in Iran's capital Tehran