Shipments are expected to begin late in the third quarter or early in the fourth quarter of 2020. Since the 5G iPhones are divided into the Sub-6GHz and Sub-6GHz + mmWave models, the complexity of developing new products is higher, which is also beneficial for the Fuzhikang group of NRE. But the brilliantly accurate Ming-Chi Kuo of TF International Securities says there's nothing to worry about.
Kuo originally predicted that Apple would be launching all of its 5G-capable 2020 iPhone models with the baseline sub-6GHz technology that's used by most carriers, but that models released in the United States, Canada, Japan, Korea, and the United Kingdom would also include the necessary antennas and hardware for the considerably faster mmWave technology.
The biggest change to the iPhone 12, apart from 5G support, is a reported new redesign.
Millimetre wave networks are significantly faster than today's 4G LTE networks since they tap into high-frequency, un-congested radio spectrum bands.
Apple obviously released a report last week titled "Apple may delay 5G iPhones by a few months due to the decision to adopt its own package antenna modules (AiP)".
According to our latest survey, the development of the iPhone Sub-6GHz + mmWave is going according to plan and should be delivered at the end of 3T20 or at the start of 4T20.
Kuo is known for his generally accurate predictions when it comes to unreleased Apple products.
Known as Smart Battery Replacement Program, the Cupertino-based company will replace the faulty smart batteries of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR if you have purchased the product between January and October 2019.
According to analyst Mehdi Hosseini, "The delay in the launch, according to our checks, stems from Apple's decision to in-source the Antenna-in-Package (AiP) modules instead of purchasing from the 3rd party".
Other than 5G connectivity, Apple's next iPhones are expected to come with upgraded 3D cameras that will offer better performance when it comes to augmented reality apps and new screen sizes.
- Kashmir: India top court orders review of longest internet shutdown
- Prince Harry, Meghan step back as 'senior' Royals
- Texans vs. Chiefs: 3 Bold Predictions for Divisional Round
- Three dead in Louisiana as severe storms sweep southern US
- Dean Smith wants to end long trophy wait for Aston Villa
- Iran signals Canada will play active role in downed flight probe
- Trudeau met with relatives of the victims in the plane crash
- The PS5 still has big surprises to come, teases Sony
- 'NSFW': Elon Musk dances awkwardly at Tesla event in China
- Pelosi to send impeachment articles to Senate this week