There was a reason why Carroll made a decision to punt: He didn't like the odds of Seattle getting a first down, even with Russell Wilson at quarterback. If it was me, or if I had an opportunity to let these young (players) know something, I'd say take care of your money, African, cause that shit don't last forever.
Trailing by five points and facing a fourth-and-11 with 2:41 left, Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll chose to punt on Seattle's own 36-yard line instead of going on the first down and extending the drive.
Here's what else you need to know about Seattle's season-ending loss.
Seattle (12-5) is coming off a 17-9 victory in the NFC Wild Card Game over the Eagles, improving to 8-1 on the road this season.
Shanahan plans to ensure his players don't overlook the Packers just because they've beaten Green Bay before.
There were other things that Seattle could have done better, like possibly stop the Packers on third down sometimes. That was Green Bay's fifth of the game. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 0-3 as a starter at Lambeau with a passer rating of 60.42. The Seahawks offense marched up and down the field in the second half with three-straight touchdown drives. "We'll see what happens".
He finished the game with 277 yards and one touchdown on 21/31 passing with a 106.5 rating.
Per Fann, Clowney again reiterated how much he's enjoyed his one season with the Seahawks. Can the Niners continue to play well at home and move on to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 2012 season? Seahawks cornerback Tre Flowers was caught in the confusion, allowing Adams to break free for the 20-yard score. The yardage total was a Packers franchise playoff record.
Trailing 21-3 at halftime and thoroughly outclassed by Green Bay, the Seahawks scored touchdowns on their first three possessions of the second half. And they nearly did just that in the second half.
- Stampede kills 40 at funeral for Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani
- Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines to Resume Flights to Iran, Iraq Later Today
- San Francisco 49ers sack Minnesota Vikings, advance to NFC Championship
- Blaze kills firefighter in Australia
- The PS5 still has big surprises to come, teases Sony
- Brad Pitt Really Doesn’t Want To Return To The Ocean’s Eleven Franchise
- Trudeau met with relatives of the victims in the plane crash
- Edmonton Oilers start slow but rally to win in Montreal
- Pompeo: Soleimani was plotting 'imminent attacks'
- Bong Joon Ho, Adam McKay Developing Parasite HBO Limited Series