Fernandes is meant to be the creative force United have been searching for but it could be argued Paul Pogba should still start ahead of him as an attacking-midfielder.
Amidst all of this, Manchester United is set to play against Liverpool in the next game-week of the Premier League. Reports state Fernandes is desperate to join the Red Devils though the deal is being held up for a couple of reasons.
It's claimed in the report that Sporting are keen to take Rojo as part of the deal but it's proving hard due to his wage demands so the Portuguese club are now waiting for United to submit the formal offer. They've got a few financial difficulties as it is.
Manchester United also offered other players, but Sporting Lisbon appear to be more interested in the Brazil midfielder.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to bring in a new midfielder during the January window, and long-term target Fernandes remains their top priority.
"Because Bruno Fernandes is expected to play in the big game in Portugal, Sporting Lisbon against Benfica".
"I've got no transfer updates", he said.
The two clubs' negotiations are stuttering over their respective valuations of Fernandes, with Sporting now wanting a transfer fee of £64million, paid up front.
We have already talked about the player's performance in our previous posts and the world knows that he was the highest goal-scoring CAM in the last campaign and has been in superb form this term as well.
The Mancunian club were conjuring a £50million deal for the Sporting star who is favoured by the club's manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
"If we get something that we can tell you about we will but I've got no news now".
- San Francisco 49ers sack Minnesota Vikings, advance to NFC Championship
- Apple pushes recycling with robot, but mined metals still needed
- China no longer on U.S. currency cheat list while Malaysia remains
- Instant analysis: Seahawks season ends in Divisional Round vs. Packers
- Iran signals Canada will play active role in downed flight probe
- Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines to Resume Flights to Iran, Iraq Later Today
- US tried to eliminate another Iranian leader, but failed
- Prince Harry, Meghan step back as 'senior' Royals
- Students share their opinions on Titans Playoff Run
- Republican senators to reject plans simply dismissing impeachment charges against President Trump