"It's something I pride myself on is that no matter what the score is, I try and hang around for the whole match every time", Barty said after the match.
Barty's coach Craig Tyzzer said the big difference between Barty past year and where she is now is belief. "I'm happy now that I've given myself an opportunity to play another match on this attractive court in front of everyone here in Adelaide".
Stream over 50 sports live and on demand with KAYO SPORTS.
She enters next week's Australian Open as the first home-grown female top seed since 1977 and will be aiming to improve on her exciting run to the quarterfinals previous year - at the time her best Grand Slam result. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract.
"It's Ash Barty, who's this?"
Ash Barty overcame some struggles on her serve to advance to the Adelaide International quarter-finals.
"It can relax you and you can really explore all of your potential and that's what happened to me when I won my first major, and I broke through as world No. 1 after that". Visit SportsLine now to see Gavin Mair's best bets for the Australian Open, all from the acclaimed expert who just predicted Bianca Andreescu would win the U.S. Open at 20-1.
"That's how I want to approach rest of my career".
The 20-year-old confirmed he had been desperate to play at the Adelaide International and said the city has a special place in his affections after he won his first Davis Cup match here against Bosnia and Herzegovina nearly 12 months ago.
It will be Mirza's first Grand Slam tournament since the birth of her son, Izhaan, in October 2018.
Home hope Barty benefited from a bye into the second round, but no one could accuse her opponent of allowing her an easy stroll into the last eight, the world number one eventually coming out on top 4-6 6-3 7-5 after two hours and nine minutes on court.
"The turning point for me for the year was probably the semi-final at the French, when she probably doubted herself", he said.
Pliskova won a tight first set then jumped ahead with an early break in the second, before Keys launched a comeback similar to the one that propelled her into the decider on Saturday over another Czech Petra Kvitova. 1-1 on hard in 2020 In connection with her performance on same surface of tournament, Pavlyuchenkova has a 267-199 win-loss record in the last 10 years on hard.
- Barcelona make official approach for Xavi to replace Valverde as head coach
- Barcelona fires manager Ernesto Valverde, hires Quique Setien
- End is nigh for Windows 7
- Verizon picks up the rough and tumble Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
- Roddy Ricch’s ‘The Box’ Tops Billboard Hot 100
- China no longer on U.S. currency cheat list while Malaysia remains
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has ‘no news’ on Man Utd’s Bruno Fernandes pursuit
- Students share their opinions on Titans Playoff Run
- Leaked photos confirm rumors about Samsung Galaxy S20
- Texans vs. Chiefs: 3 Bold Predictions for Divisional Round