Williamson was selected with the first overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft by the Pelicans, who had the right to pick him after winning the lottery.
At the eight-and-a-half minute mark of their respective teams' match-up at the Smoothie King Arena, Ingram shook off his initial defender Royce O'Neal with a nifty jab step.
The New Orleans Pelicans unloaded Anthony Davis for a number of players from the Los Angeles Lakers including Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and Lonzo Ball. Griffin made clear that the long recovery process was necessary. Several Pelicans have been hurt and could return soon.
- Jim Eichenhofer (@Jim_Eichenhofer) January 15, 2020 " He's getting to the point where we actually believe he's as ready as he thinks he is so it's moving in the right direction. The Pelicans just finished a stretch of seven games in 11 days. If Zion Williamson proves to be a star and elevates the franchise, San Antonio and the rest of the teams fighting for the seventh and eighth seeds could find themselves fighting off a charge from the Pelicans. The hope is a highly positive one. Over his pre-season appearances, Williams averaged 23.3 points and 6.5 rebounds while shooting a staggering 71.4 per cent from the field.
Through 41 games this season, the Pelicans (15-26) now have the second worst record in the Western Conference. But now, his return date now set.
- Manchester United Ranked The Richest Club In The EPL
- Dozens killed in avalanches triggered by heavy snow in Kashmir
- Progressives, alarmed by Sanders-Warren tension, demand a truce
- US & China sign ‘phase one’ trade deal to ease global economic tensions
- Secretary Pompeo denies knowledge of surveillance on former Ukraine Ambassador Yovanovitch
- UNSC Votes to Extend Cross Border Aid to Syria at Reduced Rate
- Alan Dershowitz, Kenneth Starr to Join Trump Impeachment Defense Team
- Microsoft is patching a major Windows 10 flaw discovered by the NSA
- Wendy Williams apologises for mocking Joaquin Phoenix's lip
- Release detained leaders if Kashmir situation normal: Congress