As is now custom, the leading vote-getter from each conference, Giannis Antetokounmpo and LeBron James, will divvy up the squads on February 6.
The 69th NBA All-Star Game will take place on Sunday, Feb. 16 at the United Center in Chicago.
With his 16th start, James will top the mark he now shares with Bryant.
The polls closed with fan ballots counting for 50 per cent, current National Basketball Association players having 25 percent say and a media panel having the other 25 per cent say in selecting the 10 starters - two guards and three forwards from each conference.
James, as the leading overall vote-getter, will have the top pick when he and Antetokounmpo pick their teams; Antetokounmpo will pick first in the second round, when the reserves are chosen.
The NBA has experimented with various All-Star jerseys before, from cactus-embroidered purple and orange (Phoenix, 1995) to players simply wearing their regular game-day duds (1997-2002), but evidently chose to avoid anything particularly radical this year.
Now, with the starters official, the next step in the process falls to the league's coaches, who choose the reserves. In the backcourt fight, Young benefitted from winning the fan vote and finishing second in the media balloting.
While Lowry missed 11 games to a fractured thumb earlier in the season, his contributions are up this year for the defending champions, who now sit third in the Eastern Conference with a 30-14 record. TNT will then announce the reserves on January 30 during the 6 p.m. NBA Tip-off show.
- Australia: After wildfire, today violent storm and hail violent storm
- Too soon to tell if new virus as risky as SARS cousin
- Williams moves into third round of Open
- Trump defenders haunted by past talk on impeachment
- Australian Open: Federer seals 99th win in Melbourne to reach third round
- Australian Open Day 2: Madison Keys, Rafael Nadal cruise through first round
- Grammy Board Chief Calls Allegations of Nomination-Rigging ‘Just Not Right’
- U.S. existing travel ban to include more countries
- Netflix reports Q4 2019 earnings amid challenge from Disney, Apple
- Info Edge shares rise over 3% after Zomato-Uber Eats deal