The latest sharing of NBA's legendary names before Kobe Bryant's death was on the agenda.
James paid tribute to Bryant during Saturday's game against the 76ers in Philadelphia, where Bryant grew up.
Bryant, 41, was the third-leading scorer in National Basketball Association history with 33,643 points - but that all changed during James' game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday.
Former NBA star Kobe Bryant stayed humble and respectful until the end.
Bryant and the Lakers do what few teams have done before - three-peat. A different person familiar with the case confirmed that Bryant's 13-year-old daughter Gianna also was killed. The cause of the crash is under investigation, according to the sheriff's department.
Bryant spent his entire 20-year career with the Lakers. He was known to use a helicopter for travel dating to his days as a star player for the Los Angeles Lakers.
James, who made six straight trips to the National Basketball Association finals with the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers, finished with 29 points. He won five NBA titles, two NBA Finals MVPs, two gold medals and was named league MVP in 2008. Bryant gave James a special red, white and blue version of his signature sneakers.
After the game, James recalled meeting Bryant in Philadelphia during the 2002 NBA All-Star Weekend.
James (29 points) said he looked forward to sitting courtside and observing Simmons when the time comes for him to join Bryant in retirement.
- Mr. Peanut, Beloved Advertising Icon, Killed In Fiery Explosion While Saving Friends
- Sanders Responds to Clinton’s ‘Nobody Likes Him’ Comments
- China coronavirus: 2,000 infected and more than 50 dead
- All-Star starters announced: LeBron, Giannis captains again
- No. 2 Karolina Pliskova latest favorite to lose in Australia
- Iran says Ukrainian jet was downed by two short-range missiles
- 1st LD: Heads of European Council, European Commission sign Brexit deal
- Taylor Swift Details Past Struggle With Eating Disorder in Netflix Doc
- Angola Seeks Portugal's Help in Major Corruption Case
- US orders diplomats to leave Wuhan amid coronavirus outbreak