He played and competed not only against Kobe during his career in the National Basketball Association, but also played alongside him for a short time as his final stop in a long, fourteen-year career during the 2005-2006 season. "That was what we had most in common", he continued.
"It's insane being here at Staples Center, especially", she said.
Just hours after Kobe Bryant's death was reported, the Grammy Awards opened with a tribute to the star basketballer.
"Our Hearts go out to all the lives lost and the families impacted by this awful tragedy".
"He was like my Michael Jordan - of my era - you know what I mean so that's a tough one it's hard", said Demetri Washington. "He was on the phone with me a few months ago talking about the love of being a father, talking about his daughters so pridefully".
"We love you, Kobe", Keys said at the end. "When I'm not on camera, I'm crying".
Making this Tweet even more devastating was the fact that less than a day earlier, Kobe had sent a message to Dodgers outfielder Cody Bellinger from one MVP to another.
He was a role model and his mamba mentality, a lifestyle for fans such as a Ralph Garcia.
Bryant is survived by his wife Vanessa Bryant, and three other daughters - Natalia Diamante, Bianka Bella and Capri Kobe, who is only 7 months old.
The 41-year-old was travelling along with his daughter and seven others to when their Sikorsky S-76 helicopter slammed into a rugged hillside in Calabasas, west of Los Angeles.There were no survivors in the crash.
- China coronavirus: 2,000 infected and more than 50 dead
- Wozniacki announces retirement after 3rd-round loss to Jabeur
- California case of coronavirus is 3rd confirmed in US
- Huge explosion rips through Houston building
- Sanders Responds to Clinton’s ‘Nobody Likes Him’ Comments
- France ponders repatriating citizens from Wuhan amid virus
- Ex-actress identified as third Weinstein sexual abuse accuser
- Chicago woman becomes 2nd U.S. case of new virus from China
- McGregor says 'Star Wars' TV series still on despite reports
- Virus death toll in China rises to 56 with nearly 2000 cases