Please note that we have no plans to launch a new Nintendo Switch model during 2020.
You can purchase the Nintendo Switch on sale by going in-store or visiting the official JB Hi-Fi website. New Horizons, which is due out March 20, is the first new Animal Crossing game to come to consoles in years.
Reports and rumors of a new, beefed-up Nintendo Switch system have run rampant for nearly two years. Today's announcement didn't tell us much else, which means we didn't get a fancy new gameplay trailer to go along with this release date news.
Nintendo won't release new Switch model in 2020
Nintendo of America has revealed the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Aloha Edition Carrying Case & Screen Protector.
In case you missed it, there's a new Animal Crossing Switch. It sold 10.8m units last quarter, which is 15 per cent better than it did a year previously. Not only has sales exceeded the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (or SNES) but also the Xbox One, at least based on estimates because Microsoft has not disclosed sales figures lately.
European and American Animal Crossing fans can rest easy this time, though: Nintendo's newest themed Switch console, the 32GB Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing Special Edition, is available both inside and outside of Japan.
"Nintendo Switch Lite launched in September. and Nintendo Switch performed well without losing momentum, resulting in significant sales growth for the entire Nintendo Switch family", the company said in a statement.
- Three Japanese returnees from Wuhan infected with coronavirus
- Arab League rejects Trump's Mideast plan
- Comeback Gives Sofia Kenin First Major Title
- Tom Brady's cryptic tweet reportedly not related to football future
- US declares coronavirus public health emergency after imposing quarantines
- Impeachment: Republicans say Trump acted in national interest
- USA confirms its first person-to-person coronavirus transmission
- Super Bowl: How overtime works in the Super Bowl
- Coronavirus: India confirms first case, with 800 others under observation
- Coronavirus Has Infected Nearly 12,000 People Worldwide