Adams completed his hat-trick on the final play to put the seal on a comprehensive victory.
It was the first time that England have failed to score in the first half of a Five or Six Nations match since 1988.
Adams crashed over on the final play to compete the rout, the wing's 14th try in 22 Test appearances. We let the situation get to us.
For Italy, themselves under a new coach in caretaker boss Franco Smith, this reverse extended their Six Nations losing streak to 23 matches.
"It was among those video games where France played well, I assume we must be offering France credit report. It is about being brutal, it is about being physical and it is about dominating the set-piece". "We have to be focussed on every line-out, every scrum to create ball for our backs".
The opening game of the 2020 Six Nations will feature last year's Grand Slam winners, as they host Italy.
Wales v Italy – Six Nations 2020 – Live TV Coverage on BBC
And wing Jonny May, who scored both of England's tries, acknowledged that France were motivated to respond to Jones' barbs.
His first was trademark, his second a result of Biggar brilliance and his third sheer power - Adams has made an early move for Player of the Championship.
Edinburgh number eight Nick Haining will also win his first cap against Andy Farrell's team, while his club team-mate prop Rory Sutherland will make his first global appearance in three-and-a-half years.
On the hour, replacement forward Cory Hill made a break and debutant replacement back Nick Tompkins, coming off a ruck, sprinted clear from some 40 metres.
The 24-year-old Tompkins nearly turned provider minutes later but North's try was brought back for a knock-on.
Adams too then forced his way over in similar fashion.
However, Wales still boast more than enough firepower to easily overcome an Italy team whose long winless run in this tournament is likely to be extended by another year.
George North has been chosen to partner up with Hadleigh Parkes in the centres, as Jonathan Davies' knee injury has ruled him out of the tournament. Hooker Luca Bigi has been given the captaincy for the game.
- Novak Djokovic outlasts Dominic Thiem to win eighth Australian Open crown
- US declares coronavirus public health emergency after imposing quarantines
- Donald Trump's Senate impeachment trial rushes towards final vote
- Woman Pours Corona Beer Down Sink to Avoid Coronavirus
- Tom Brady's cryptic tweet reportedly not related to football future
- U.S. Republicans see completion of impeachment trial Friday
- Nintendo won't release new Switch model in 2020
- As New Virus Spreads, Israel Issues Travel Warning for Wuhan, China
- USA confirms its first person-to-person coronavirus transmission
- MEPs vote for universal phone connection and an end to Apple Lightning