MANILA- There is no evidence yet proving that a combination of medications for flu and HIV is the cure for cases of the 2019 novel coronavirus, a World Health Organization representative said Monday after some Thai doctors reported success with such methods.
The 138 evacuees arrived at a local airport on a chartered flight. So far, eight patients in Thailand have recovered and returned home, while 11 remain in hospital.
The government has implemented procedures for disease prevention and control in accordance with worldwide standards. He said, "I had treated a patient with a severe condition, and the result has been very satisfactory". This development can bring a solution to the Corona virus spreading from China. She was admitted to hospital on Jan 25 and is in stable condition. Four women who contracted the virus had not travelled to Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak. Health authorities were actively identifying and treating patients, he added.
The WHO's current recommendations include frequently washing hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or an elbow and maintaining a distance of at least three feet from people who appear to be sick.
The coronavirus outbreak has sickened thousands in China and killed more than 420; and the epidemic is expected to disrupt supply chains across many commodities and energy sectors.
They included a couple who had visited Japan and two drivers who picked up Chinese passengers in Thailand, Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, told reporters.
The two others were drivers who had driven Chinese tourists in their vehicles. He was present at a press conference at the Public Health Ministry in Nonthaburi province on Wednesday.
Dr Suwannachai said five of the six were recovering well and would be discharged from hospital when free of the virus.
Thailand doctors have treated a Chinese woman infected with the virus, where she showed considerable improvement in her health once she was treated with a mixture of antiviral medicines.
The number of infections discovered in Thailand had now risen from 19 to 25.
Four Thai evacuees from Wuhan who had a fever have also been tested and found negative for the disease.
- Rashida Tlaib Addresses Hillary Clinton Boos Ahead Of Iowa Caucuses
- OPEC To Review Oil Price Fall Following Coronavirus Epidemic
- Trump lawyers conclude Senate defence with call for acquittal
- MEPs vote for universal phone connection and an end to Apple Lightning
- Bloomberg's $5 trillion tax plan would cut out Trump tax breaks
- Nintendo won't release new Switch model in 2020
- European Union won’t hold us to ransom on a trade deal
- North is Wales' centre of attention against Italy
- Iowa chaos: Democrats undone by results reporting fiasco
- China reports 361 dead from coronavirus, total of 17238 cases