It includes a character known as "Baby Yoda", which in recent months has gained popularity online.
While Iger didn't share specific details of the launch, he emphasized that the move will see Hotstar Premium, the service's premium offering with shows and movies from HBO, ABC, and Showtime, rebrand into "Disney+ Hotstar".
While Disney didn't break out marketing spend for Disney+, Iger said moving into worldwide markets will require a strong awareness push. Previously, Disney had noted that 10 million subscribers signed up for the service when it first launched in November.
Disney+ is now available in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand. Disney also plans to roll out Hulu outside the US next year after getting Disney Plus off the ground overseas.
The surge for Disney+ marks an early success for the company.
The Mandalorian season 2 premieres via Disney+ in October 2020. Revenue rose 36 per cent to $20.9 billion.
It's not clear if Sacconaghi's estimates are correct, as figures from Ampere Analysis shared by The Wall Street Journal indicated Apple could have as many as 33.6 million subscribers, though most of those have free access.
Shares of Disney were flat following the results after bouncing between positive and negative territory.
After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe.
Disney's TV unit saw its earnings rise 23 per cent, with the addition of the Fox cable networks and TV studio.
The parks, experiences and products division posted operating income of $2.3 billion, up 9 percent from the prior year. Hong Kong has recently been affected by the coronavirus outbreak in China. Disney didn't elaborate, though there has been anti-government protests there.
Both parks are now closed because of the virus.
- Almost 1,400 basketballs were removed from Kobe Bryant's memorial
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued for Schuylkill County
- Manufacturing activity becomes fastest due to new orders and output
- Bloomberg's $5 trillion tax plan would cut out Trump tax breaks
- Coronavirus death in Philippines marks first outside China
- Hundreds of evacuees begin boarding Canada-bound flight in Wuhan
- Leaked recording shows Iran knew it shot down Ukrainian plane
- Iowa chaos: Democrats undone by results reporting fiasco
- U.S. stocks rebound from previous session's steep sell-off
- Thailand doctors invent a new medicine for treating the novel Coronavirus