The remains of all the victims were released to their families on Monday, the Los Angeles County coroner's office said.
Bryant's 13-year-old daughter Gianna, one of her teammates, another young friend, three of their parents and coach also died on their way to a girls' basketball game. Next to the message was a picture of the gymnasium at Gianna's middle school decorated with a floral number 2 and red balloons. Kobe Bryant wore No. 24 during the second half of his career.
As reported, Kobe and Gianna were among nine whose lives were cut short in a fatal helicopter crash in Calabasas, California on January 26. In the days following the crash, National Basketball Association teams, players and fans have come together to mourn Bryant's death.
No official announcement about the memorial has been made.
Staples, which opened in 1999, has played host to other memorials, including for Michael Jackson and, last year, for rapper Nipsey Hussle. "No matter who she was playing, she was going to force her will and help her team to find a way to win". The first team to reach 124 wins. Mourners left the items after the death of the former Lakers legend, his daughter and seven others, in a helicopter crash one week ago.
Gianna was a true basketball prodigy and had an wonderful future ahead of her, just like her dad.
Vanessa also shared some of the speeches from the ceremony honoring her daughter, including one from her former coach who heaped praise on his young player's drive and commitment to the game.
- Terrorist behind London stabbing had been released from prison halfway through sentence
- Thailand doctors invent a new medicine for treating the novel Coronavirus
- Iowa Democratic Party Says ‘Quality Checks’ Causing Delay in Caucus Results
- Back on stand, Harvey Weinstein accuser declares: 'He is my rapist'
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk posts Twitter poll
- Hundreds of evacuees begin boarding Canada-bound flight in Wuhan
- China reports 361 dead from coronavirus, total of 17238 cases
- Almost 1,400 basketballs were removed from Kobe Bryant's memorial
- Billie Eilish Defends Drake's Texts To Her Saying People Are 'So Sensitive'
- Iowa chaos: Democrats undone by results reporting fiasco