Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have made their first public appearance since shaking up Britain's royal family in a move dubbed "Megxit" last month. According to reports, the couple is renting a multi-million dollar home on Vancouver Island. The pictures also feature a sign that reads "no trespassing".
Miles Arsenault, who runs charters from nearby Deep Cove, described the duchess as "sweet, real and sincere".
Currently, 95% of the couple's income comes from Prince Charles's income from the Duchy of Cornwall, a vast portfolio of property and financial investments, which brought in £21.6m past year.
The couple briefly returned to the United Kingdom in January following an extended six-week Christmas break on Vancouver Island.
Though we're sad to know that we won't be seeing the couple all dolled up on Monday, the reality is that they'll probably be much happier spending the night with their son, Archie, enjoying their newfound peace. Only 19 percent of Canadians would not object to their country assuming a share of the security costs.
TV critic Jim Shelley retweeted the post, captioning it "this is Harry's job now" - an amusing reference to the couple's monumental decision to step down as senior royals and "earn a professional income" earlier this year.
Do not miss out on the latest news.
- Beatrice, oldest daughter of Prince Andrew, to marry in May
- Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan in awe of Shakira’s Super Bowl performance
- Back on stand, Harvey Weinstein accuser declares: 'He is my rapist'
- How to watch the Chiefs Super Bowl victory parade
- Trump lawyers conclude Senate defence with call for acquittal
- Iowa chaos: Democrats undone by results reporting fiasco
- Thailand doctors invent a new medicine for treating the novel Coronavirus
- Iowa Democratic Party Says ‘Quality Checks’ Causing Delay in Caucus Results
- United Kingdom citizens told to return from China
- Major US airlines add Hong Kong to China flight suspensions