Also being known as Bushfire Bash, the match was originally slated to be played at Sydney on Saturday but weather forecast prompted Cricket Australia to reschedule the game to ensure the best possible pitch and outfield conditions for the final of Big Bash League.
"The games that I've been a part of, we've had some good crowds and plenty of people out supporting us".
"So we've prepared as per usual".
"If you are going to play a two-month tournament, you've got every right as a fan to be disappointed should there be a rain out", legend Matthew Hayden, who will play in Saturday's curtain-raiser, told reporters in Brisbane.
"We all had such a great time playing for Australia ..." I expect (Lee) isn't bowling 150kph now...
The Master Blaster revealed how one phone call from former Australian bowler Brett Lee was enough to convince him to take part in the charity game.
"It certainly doesn't help if you've got a record where you're losing finals", Thunder coach Shane Bond The Daily Telegraph. "Expectantly, we will get generate as a lot price range as conceivable world wide and get everybody again on their ft".
"If that was something discussed at the start of the tournament, then possibly".
Indian veteran batsman Sachin Tendulkar has been given the duty of teaching the Ponting XI crew.
The Sixers timed their run to second place perfectly at the end of the regular season with three straight victories but there were times when things weren't going as smoothly.
Sixers opener James Vince is the only England worldwide due to feature in the final and has scored 321 runs at an average of 24.69, with one half-century, in the tournament so far. "If he is bowling 150kph, I believe I will be in the non-striker's ending", he added.
Sydney Thunder captain Callum Ferguson was a strong supporter of a reserve day, but Smith was more subdued on the topic and left it for others to discuss. His performances spearheaded his team to finish top of the league after the regular season earning them a double chance in the finals series. However, if the match is completely washed out, the Sixers will be crowned BBL 9 champions as the hosts of the Final.
"If it's going to be raining and things like that it would be really hard so I think that's a wise move". "The fact we did that last time, the guys we will take confidence out of that".
- Second person dies of mysterious Wuhan virus in China
- Coronavirus: Philippines reports first death outside China, second case reported in Kerala
- How to watch the Chiefs Super Bowl victory parade
- World Health Organization requests $675 million for coronavirus battle
- European Union watchdog clashes with Britain over financial market rules
- Anthony Watson ruled out of England return against Scotland
- United Kingdom citizens told to return from China
- Whistleblower China doctor 'dies from coronavirus'
- Warriors trade D'Angelo Russell to Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins, draft picks
- WestJet flight from Toronto to Jamaica turns back after false coronavirus claim