Houston could still pull off another deal ahead of Thursday's 3pm trade deadline but if they don't Tucker better invest in those stilts.
The Rockets are engaged in three-way trade possibilities that might allow for them to use Capela to gather the draft assets needed to acquire an impact wing player, league sources said.
Of course, the draft lottery results will shake up where each team will actually select within the first fourteen picks.
Gets: Covington, Bell, second-round 2024 pick from Atlanta.
ESPN and The Athletic first reported the trade, which was subsequently confirmed by other outlets, including the Houston Chronicle and Denver Post.
What are the Cavs doing exactly? Houston could still look to acquire another big man for depth through another trade or potentially after a buyout, and this trade gives the Rockets some financial flexibility to do so. Next year, presumably with a healthy Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry, the Warriors will now try to incorporate Wiggins with a roster that also has Draymond Green. And which teams could regret not making a move?
The Wolves pivoted to this move after being rebuffed multiple times by the Golden State Warriors during their pursuit of guard D'Angelo Russell. Houston became the first team to go an entire game without using a player taller than 6-foot-6 since the New York Knicks in a January 31, 1963, win over the Chicago Zephyrs, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau.
Capela, whose contract is set to pay him $51.3 million over the next three seasons, is averaging 13.9 points, 13.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocked shots a game this season.
- Ponting, Gilchrist to lead teams in Bushfire Bash
- When can Liverpool win the Premier League title?
- Coronavirus: Philippines reports first death outside China, second case reported in Kerala
- Hundreds of evacuees begin boarding Canada-bound flight in Wuhan
- Plane from Wuhan to arrive at MCAS Miramar
- Warriors trade D'Angelo Russell to Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins, draft picks
- United Kingdom citizens told to return from China
- Canadians quarantined on cruise ship in Japan
- Knicks could follow Warriors, Lakers examples by hiring an agent as president
- Madonna encourages Harry and Meghan to ditch 'boring' Canada