The win also extended their lead at the top of the table to 22 points, a margin of dominance that has rarely been seen in the league's modern-day era.
Liverpool play Norwich (a), West Ham (h), Watford (a), Bournemouth (h), Everton (a), Crystal Palace (h) in their next six matches. Man City would need to drop six points over the same period, and Leicester four.
Klopp bagged the prize for the month of January as his side still continues to remain unbeaten in the ongoing Premier League.
The club's last league title had been in 1968 and they'd spent considerable amount of time outside the top tier of English football, dropping down to League Two in 1997.
The 29-year-old has now scored three goals and assisted four goals in 24 league games this term, and he has been widely tipped to emerge as the PFA Player of the Year.
Everton will give Liverpool a guard of honour at Goodison Park, should the Reds win the Premier League prior to their Premier League fixture in March, according to Star Sport.
José Mourinho and Pep Guardiola believe there's no stopping Liverpool and that the Reds will soon be confirmed Premier League champions.
Guardiola has clearly been experimenting with his line-up in recent matches, with no real results to show for it and he needs to get it right if he doesn't want to see his dream of claiming the Champions League title with City turning into a nightmare yet again.
Lawro's prediction: 3-0. Katie Ormerod's prediction: 4-3.
After collecting the full complement of domestic trophies on offer last campaign and setting a new EPL points record a season earlier, Guardiola's side have endured a patchy season by their standards this time around.
- China reports 361 dead from coronavirus, total of 17238 cases
- Trump remains a threat to American democracy, says US House Speaker
- Manufacturing activity becomes fastest due to new orders and output
- World Health Organization requests $675 million for coronavirus battle
- Canadians quarantined on cruise ship in Japan
- Disney confirms The Mandalorian season 2 and Marvel show premiere dates
- Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan in awe of Shakira’s Super Bowl performance
- Plane from Wuhan to arrive at MCAS Miramar
- Z Reflects On His Last Conversation With Kobe Bryant
- Skipper de Kock inspires South Africa to win against England