There was another connection with Bryant during the red carpet part of the Academy Awards. The portrait of two families in a different social position is treated with black humor and violence, seems to have convinced an academy criticized by not have nominated with diversity this year.
There was a round of applause for the cast and crew of the film too. I never thought I would win. It was earlier called best foreign language feature.
On a side note, Taika Waititi won best adapted screenplay for "Jojo Rabbit", making him the first indigenous person to win an Oscar. "May we all have a second act as great as his was", said Cherry, who wrote "Hair Love" and helped to direct and produce it.
"Parasite" then won best worldwide feature film. Although, once again, female filmmakers were entirely shut out of the best director race.
The movie has garnered global acclaim and has managed to win awards at Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards and the Writers Guild Awards.
"Parasite" made history as the first global film to win best picture. US media outlets predict "Parasite" will win the International Feature Film Oscar after it took home the Best Foreign Film at the Golden Globes in January. 1917 was Deakins' fourth film with Mendes.
Despite the shock success, perhaps the most surprising thing about Joon-ho is that he is a massive fan of City's De Bruyne.
- Canadians quarantined on cruise ship in Japan
- Skipper de Kock inspires South Africa to win against England
- WestJet flight from Toronto to Jamaica turns back after false coronavirus claim
- Warriors trade D'Angelo Russell to Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins, draft picks
- 'Only Rahul can make 360 degrees batting look orthodox, classical'
- Pete Rose asks for Major League Baseball reinstatement following Astros scandal
- World Health Organization requests $675 million for coronavirus battle
- Iowa caucuses results delayed
- European Union watchdog clashes with Britain over financial market rules
- Rockets land Covington, send Capela to Hawks in four-team deal