Prince Andrew defers military promotion to mark his 60th birthday

Tuesday, 11 Feb, 2020

"Following the decision by His Royal Highness to step back from public duties for the foreseeable future, the Duke of York has asked the Ministry of Defence if this promotion might be deferred", The Guardian reported.

Prince Andrew said he doesn't remember a woman who accused him of sexually exploiting her in encounters arranged by Jeffrey Epstein.

Following the get-together, Liu Xiaoming, tweeted to say the Duke of York had passed on a message of support from the Queen to those battling coronavirus.

The policy of flying Union flags on royal birthdays was being re-examined after councils were initially ordered to do so for Andrew, as is the custom.

The British executive has since mentioned native government do not have to carry the Union Flag, in accordance to The Guardian.

It said Andrew's request to defer the royal convention followed his decision in November to step back from public duties. Earlier this week the Prince agreed to turn down a promotion to the rank of Admiral ahead of his 60th birthday later this month.

Friendship with convicted sex offenderPrince Andrew has come under fire for his friendship with Epstein, the deceased financier and convicted sex offender, and has denied allegations he slept with Virginia Giuffre, then 17, at the London home of Epstein's girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell.

Though his move this time was made to avoid humiliating the Queen, the military position could still be given to him in the future if ever he clears his name from the Epstein scandal.

The promotion would have been automatic as part of a policy that sees senior royals treated as serving military members.

She said Prince Andrew needs to "answer questions about Jeffrey Epstein and his own behaviour", adding: "In both countries everyone is equal in the eyes of the law".

After Berman's "zero cooperation" statement at a January 28 press conference, sources close to Andrew claimed he had not yet been approached by USA authorities, the Guardian reported.

At a NY press conference with Seiger, Bloom said the "parallels between the two cases are eerie" and involved "everyday teenagers" who were "victimized, The Guardian reported". Buckingham Palace refused to comment on Berman's claims, only saying the matter was being dealt with by the prince's legal team.

A lawyer for five of the dead pedophile's alleged victims and a spokesman for the parents of 19-year-old Harry Dunn called for Prince Andrew to come to the U.S. to be questioned by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and for Anne Sacoolas to return to the United Kingdom to face charges in the crash.