The nominees for the category were Tom Hanks, Anthony Hopkins, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and Brad Pitt.
If you had "John Bolton" on your Oscars bingo card, Sunday was your night. "Which is 45 seconds more than the senate gave John Bolton this week".
Having won the award playing a stuntman, Pitt quite rightly thanked the hard work of Hollywood's stunt performers. "I have some very, very amusing friends that helped me with some laughs, but, no, it's, you know, it's got to come from the heart".
Paying tribute to his co-star Leonard DiCaprio, he said: "Leo, I'll ride on your coattails any day man, the view's fantastic".
Pitt has already won a string of prizes for the role, including best supporting actor at the Baftas, Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild.
Unusual as it may be to think, at 56 years old Brad Pitt has, until just now, never won an Oscar for his acting performances.
Pitt previously earned a best picture trophy for producing "12 Years a Slave" in 2014.
"It has been a really special run and again, it's a community I love and friends I've made over 30 years, and they mean a lot to me, truly".
The question is not if he is truly disappointed with the outcome of the impeachment trial (he apparently is, taking into account his reported backstage comments), but who authored his Oscars address, like the other, no less perfectly-worded award acceptance speeches. "I adore you", he said Sunday.
From being the heartthrob of the industry in '90s to staying away from media glare during his divorce from actor Angelina Jolie and then bouncing back as the renewed crush of the Hollywood, Pitt's journey in the movies came a full circle this award season.
"Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" has garnered ten Oscar nominations this evening. "I don't think we should let it slide".
To realize this, I will assume the role of a journalist who asks a movie star Brad Pitt a question.
- 'Only Rahul can make 360 degrees batting look orthodox, classical'
- Gamers may fall in love with Samsung Galaxy Buds+ earbuds
- 30 am: AAP set to retain power, BJP performance better than 2015
- Second person dies of mysterious Wuhan virus in China
- Ireland: Sinn Fein wins popular vote, set for historic gains
- When can Liverpool win the Premier League title?
- Warriors trade D'Angelo Russell to Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins, draft picks
- After Iowa Mess, Bloomberg Is Doubling Down
- Federer, Nadal raise more than $3 million with Match in Africa
- Flights axed and floods feared as Storm Ciara clobbers Europe