The high-end S20 Ultra will run you a whopping $1,400.
At least once a year, Samsung pulls hundreds of reporters, analysts, and industry folk into one big room for an event it calls "Samsung Unpacked", where the company shows off all of their latest flagship devices. These phones don't have a true telephoto camera like past Samsung phones. The S20Plus will also feature a 3D time-of-flight sensor which helps to add depth to your images.
Galaxy S20 Ultra brings our pioneering 8K expertise to mobile.
All devices come with a 25W fast charger.
The Cloud Blue color option is available for both Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus buyers.
Samsung also increased the battery to 5,000mAh, with the phone also offering up to 16GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage.
Flex mode uses the hideaway hinge to hold the display in place, halfway open, or at an angle, which should make it easier to do things like take a selfie with the phone on a flat surface, or use the rear cameras to take long-exposure photos without the need for a tripod.
Instead of the 12-megapixel wide-angle lens or 64-megapixel telephoto lens on the S20 and S20+, the S20 Ultra features a 108-megapixel wide-angle lens and a 48-megapixel telephoto lens that allow for an even more ludicrous 100X zoom, made possible by a design that essentially turns the lens on its side. There are also 10-megapixel front-facing camera setups on each of the new smartphones. Because that's what's happening with the Galaxy S20 range. That's a $600 drop from the starting price for the Galaxy Fold, Samsung's first foldable handset introduced a year ago.
What's different from the previous model?
Finally, all three Galaxy S20 models will include 5G support.
Galaxy S20 Ultra's image sensor has almost tripled to pull in way more light so you can now shoot even more of the night. The S20+ and S20 Ultra will have both millimeter wave and lower frequency sub-6 5G support. After a handful of leaks - and an entire friggin' commercial that aired during the Oscars over the weekend - Samsung's flip phone-style folding smartphone is officially official.
That's a considerably better earbud battery than the popular Apple AirPods (five hours) and class-leading Sony WF-1000XM3 (eight hours without ANC), however their combined earbuds and charging case battery life - 22 hours - is slightly beneath its rivals.
- Ireland: Sinn Fein wins popular vote, set for historic gains
- After Iowa Mess, Bloomberg Is Doubling Down
- European Union watchdog clashes with Britain over financial market rules
- Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan in awe of Shakira’s Super Bowl performance
- Warriors trade D'Angelo Russell to Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins, draft picks
- Pete Rose asks for Major League Baseball reinstatement following Astros scandal
- Ponting, Gilchrist to lead teams in Bushfire Bash
- Panthers looking to bounce back on the road against Maple Leafs
- Madonna encourages Harry and Meghan to ditch 'boring' Canada
- Coronavirus: Philippines reports first death outside China, second case reported in Kerala