Houston sits atop the XFL West, given that the other three teams in the division lost over the weekend.
The Roughnecks won the game 37-17. Unfortunately, those Nielsen numbers, while much higher than the XFL ones, were a big disappointment in their own right.
We went 2-2 with our selections from Week 1, we spent 2-0 on Saturday and we were wrong in both games on Sunday.
RotoGrinders is excited to cover the XFL as part of our Core Premium Product - we'll have projections/LineupHQ, articles, media, and more!
St. Louis was the only road team to win in Week 1. We'll see if the defense can be dominant again this week or if it only played against a bad offense in Week 1. The first game on ABC did slightly better than the second Saturday number on FOX. The NY Guardians emerged victorious 23-3 over the Tampa Bay Vipers, needing only 45 plays to put up 23 while the Vipers snapped the Ball 71 times and only could come up with three points on the board. Some think Spring football doesn't work but the XFL is trying to feed you a different narrative and so far, it's working. The Defenders took the turnover and turned it into points.
NY had the easiest win of Week 1, and they did it against a team that was considered to be one of the XFL's best.
It's worth noting that the Renegades and the Wildcats were without their presumptive starting quarterbacks in Landry Jones and Josh Johnson, but my early-season prediction is a DC Defenders vs. Houston Roughnecks 2020 XFL Championship.
- Flights axed and floods feared as Storm Ciara clobbers Europe
- How to watch the Samsung Galaxy S20 Unpacked event live
- Microsoft launches new dev tools for building Windows 10X dual-screen experiences
- Anthony Watson ruled out of England return against Scotland
- Ponting, Gilchrist to lead teams in Bushfire Bash
- Cruise Ship Alters Itinerary Due to Norovirus Outbreak
- Brad Pitt wins maiden acting Oscar
- Prince Andrew defers military promotion to mark his 60th birthday
- Turkey hits Syrian military targets after strikes kill 5 soldiers
- Record rainfall brings flooding but puts out mega-blaze