Time will tell exactly how the OG Fold's sequel will be called, but it should technically be unveiled in the second half of 2020 so there's plenty of time ahead of us for rumors and speculations.
The Galaxy S20 is equipped with a triple camera while the S20+ and S20 Ultra are equipped with quad cameras. The least-expensive entry in the S20 family, simply called the Galaxy S20, costs $999.99 and has 128GB of storage.
Google's Pixel 4 sells for $799 while the Pixel 4 XL goes for $899, both with 64GB of storage-it's $100 extra to upgrade to 128GB. It shouldn't really come as a surprise, though, given the new flagship offers 5G connectivity, a more advanced camera and a bigger 120Hz display.
Inside Samsung has installed a 7nm 64-bit Octa-Core processor which runs at up to 2.95GHz (the United Kingdom version sports the Snapdragon 855+ SoC). Its "stylish and compact form factor that fits in the palm of your hand", will appeal to many as the average slab smartphone nowadays is probably 6-inches or so.
With one exception, the Galaxy S20 and S20+ have identical camera setups.
A cutout on the main screen allows Samsung to install a 10MP Selfie Camera with F2.4 lens, Pixel size: 1.22μm, and FOV: 80˚. The sole difference between the two is a time of flight (TOF) sensor for depth mapping on the S20+. Samsung claims quicker wireless charging speeds and you'll be pleased to know the phone comes with its own 25W fast charger. The NIR components are used for secure authentication and unlocking.
A year after announcing the glitch-ridden Galaxy Fold, the Korean smartphone maker announced a smaller, cheaper bendable phone at its annual Galaxy Unpacked event. On top of that, you'll still get Samsung's credit with your Galaxy S20 purchase, so you're effectively looking at up to $1,050 in savings.
There's no mention of Samsung's digital assistant Bixby, so we're assuming you can't get weather reports and random trivia facts beamed directly to your ears from a connected phone, but we're still learning about some of the details of the Galaxy Buds Plus.
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus have numerous improvements, including battery life that now stretches to 11 hours of music playback, up from six hours on the original Galaxy Buds.
- Microsoft launches new dev tools for building Windows 10X dual-screen experiences
- Gayle King facing death threats over Kobe Bryant question, reveals Oprah Winfrey
- Ireland: Sinn Fein wins popular vote, set for historic gains
- How to watch the Samsung Galaxy S20 Unpacked event live
- Pete Rose asks for Major League Baseball reinstatement following Astros scandal
- P.J. Walker is the XFL’s first "star of the week"
- 'Covid-19' is official name for coronavirus
- Ponting, Gilchrist to lead teams in Bushfire Bash
- Flights axed and floods feared as Storm Ciara clobbers Europe
- Cruise Ship Alters Itinerary Due to Norovirus Outbreak