The Pentagon said 76 service members have returned to duty, 75 of whom were treated in Iraq.
The Defense Department initially said there had been no injuries, but then reported 34 service members had been injured last week, before upping the number to 50.
Iran responded to the assassination by launching a series of missiles at several Iraqi military bases housing U.S. troops. That same night, a Ukranian passenger plane was shot down. Both sides have actually refrained from even more military escalation, however the installing variety of U.S. casualties might increase examination on the Trump administration's method to Iran. The numbers were bound to change as the army was in the early stages of diagnosis and therapy for the troops.
In a statement Monday, Pentagon press secretary Alyssa Farah credited medical professionals with provide care "which has enabled almost 70 per cent of those diagnosed to return to duty".
"Our research has been instrumental in the development of various breakthroughs to improve the lives of those individuals who have sustained brain injuries", Pentagon press secretary Alyssa Farah said in a statement.
President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Soleimani was plotting attacks to kill Americans and attack assets in the region. "The VFW expects an apology from the President to our service men and women for his misguided remarks", VFW National Commander William Schmitz said in a statement on Friday.
Pentagon officials have repeatedly said there has been no effort to minimise or delay information on the injuries.
At the time of the attack, President Donald Trump said in televised remarks that no US soldier was hurt and Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley noted casualties were averted as they received early warning of the strikes.
Still, Iranian officials have continued to threaten further attacks to avenge Soleimani's death.
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Software Troubles On Boeing Starliner Spacecraft; NASA To Investigate Deeper
- Iran launches rocket with satellite
- Jobless rate up in Prince George
- Turkey hits Syrian military targets after strikes kill 5 soldiers
- Flights axed and floods feared as Storm Ciara clobbers Europe
- Cruise ship rejected by five ports runs out of options
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury