All four new cases were residents of a nursing facility in Kirkland where two other people - a resident and a worker - had previously tested positive.
It was the first death in the United States of the illness that has infected more than 85,000 people globally and caused more than 2,900 deaths since emerging in China. According to the Washington Post, "G$3 enetic analysis suggests that the cases are linked through community transmission and that this has been going on for weeks, with hundreds of infections likely in the state".
An elderly man was hospitalised at Evergreen Health in Kirkland, Washington and died Saturday, a press release from Seattle and King County Public Health said.
New York University doctors and other experts say the United States probably has more cases than identified officially. He said they are watching for possible drug shortages from disruptions to the pharmaceutical supply chain in China.
Australia reported its first coronavirus death, a 78-year-old man who was evacuated from the coronavirus-stricken Diamond Princess in Japan.
"The patient, a woman in her late thirties, contracted the virus while traveling overseas in Iran, and is now isolated in her home", said Cuomo.
Mexico has reported four coronavirus cases.
The two positive tests associated with the nursing facility include a 40-year-old female health care worker who has no known travel outside the United States and is in satisfactory condition at a local hospital, officials said.
Officials said the patient was eligible for testing because of the recent change in CDC testing criteria, and the case was brought to public health officials' attention because of it.
Oregon's first COVID-19 diagnosis was reported Friday involving a Washington County man who works at Forest Hills Elementary in Lake Oswego, resulting in the closure of the school. Also last night, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Cook County announced a presumed positive, but had no other details about the patient, pending CDC final confirmation.
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, 175 people in Nassau County have undergone voluntary quarantine, according to Nassau County Health Commissioner Dr. Lawrence Eisenstein. They are investigating 27 patients and 25 staff members at the center who are manifesting symptoms associated with COVID-19. The two confirmed cases in NY are a couple. The latest spike in cases has been seen in South Korea, Iran, and Italy.
The number of known coronavirus cases in the US had reached at least 80 as of Sunday, counting people evacuated from a cruise ship and the city of Wuhan in China.
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un Watched Long-Range Artillery Unit Drill
- President, other candidates react to Buttigieg announcement
- Trump's 'Remain in Mexico' immigration policy allowed to proceed temporarily
- WHO Increases Global Coronavirus Risk to Highest Level
- New coronvirus case in Oregon is of unknown origin: Oregon Health Authority
- Trump’s trip demonstrates value U.S. places on ties with India: Pompeo
- USA coronavirus death toll rises to six, all in Washington state
- [President Trump Is The First Black President, Apparently]
- Joe Biden wins South Carolina Democratic primary - as Sanders takes a hit
- On Everton's Disallowed Goal, Bruno Fernandes, David De Gea & More