As nice as it will be to finally have some new Half-Life to play with, the one knock against Alyx is that it's VR exclusive, so if you're a long-suffering Half-Life fan lacking the appropriate hardware, your suffering will continue.
If you want to be first in (virtual) line the exact time that sale will begin is at 10:00 AM Pacific. Valve specifies that the functionalities present in this preview are very limited compared to what the final version of Half-Life: Alyx will offer.
As for Half-Life: Alyx, a Steam VR Home element of it has been released.
Valve has also acknowledged the insane demand of the Index VR. With the second Half-Life turning sixteen this year, fans have waited for more than long enough for news on the future of the franchise. The headset provides great image quality as well as motion tracking within a comfortable design that has immersive controllers. VNN's Tyler McVicker claims to have see an email with the idea that the Index will be returning the Steam shelves on Monday, March 9th at 12 Noon EST. Instead, we can look at it as a rebirth or sorts.
The reason this is more open than the headset itself, is that anyone who owns the Valve Index can host a SteamVR session and then invite others over to check it out. Users likely consider it the "official" headset for the Alyx experience.
In Half-Life: Alyx, players will immerse themselves in deep environmental interactions, puzzle solving, world exploration, and visceral combat.
It's worth noting that these are the minimum specs required to run Half-Life: Alyx, and chances are you'll need a beefier setup to get it running smoothly with high-end textures enabled.
That's because the Valve Index is not available worldwide.
We've got a roundup of the best gaming PCs if you're looking to upgrade ahead of the game's release.
- Five weekend Serie A matches postponed after Italy coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus outbreak: Second confirmed case announced in New York
- King County prepares for ballot changes in primary
- S. Africa reports first case of COVID-19
- Black Shark 3 PRO 5G gaming phone released: Triggers and everything
- Federal Reserve cuts benchmark interest rates in surprise move, citing coronavirus fears
- Worldwide court backs Afghan war crimes probe
- U.S. imposes cap on Chinese journalists
- Buttigieg endorses Joe Biden for president
- NASA’s Curiosity Mars Rover Snaps Stunning 1.8-Billion-Pixel Panorama