The three cases bring China's total imported case count to 63.
Chen acknowledged that while the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan is improving, control and prevention work is still arduous, according to a statement posted on the commission's Wechat account on March 9. Two more makeshift hospitals in the region have been closed as the number of patients dropped.
Two Bulgarians have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the first cases in the Balkan country, health authorities said early Sunday.
Each of the six continents with confirmed cases has reported at least one death.
The commission said that 458 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
Workers make protective suits at a medical technology company in Anshan City, northeast China's Liaoning Province, March 2, 2020.
A 64-year-old man died of the novel coronavirus Saturday in Argentina, authorities said, making him Latin America's first fatality in the global epidemic.
The Chinese mainland had seen a total of 60 imported COVID-19 cases as of Friday.
The batch of 61 people, admitted at a makeshift hospital here for coronavirus treatment, has been sent for further observation and recuperation.
By the end of Sunday, 114 confirmed cases, including three deaths have been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 45 in Taiwan including one death, state-run Xinhua news agency reported. Currently, there are 80,695 confirmed coronavirus cases in mainland China.
Nationwide new infections also have been on a downward trend, however, affirmed imported cases have prompted fears lately that illnesses could swell as individuals get infected overseas.
Iranian state television said Monday nearly 600 new cases have arisen, along with 43 deaths.
Shanghai stepped up airport screening over the weekend as worry about imported infections from countries such as Italy and Iran grew.
The number of COVID-19 cases continued to decline in China on Monday, new cases were confirmed elsewhere around the world and European nations imposed tighter restrictions on movements.
Italy has recorded the second-highest coronavirus toll in the world, after the number of fatalities almost tripled from 133 to 366 yesterday.
More than 400,000 Albanians live in neighboring Italy across the Adriatic Sea.
- Health officials announce new presumptive case of novel coronavirus in Quebec
- Google Assistant Now Reads Articles Out Loud In 42 Languages
- Blast targets U.S. embassy in Tunis; attacker dead
- Tottenham boss Mourinho insists Dier will face Burnley amid police probe
- Italy announces lockdown as global coronavirus cases surpass 105,000
- Liverpool deserved to lose, says Jurgen Klopp after FA Cup exit
- Apple shares updated App Store review guidelines
- Valve Developer Hints at More Half-Life Games
- Coast Guard Delivers Coronavirus Test Kits to Cruise Ship Off California
- Realme finally releases its $20 Xiaomi Mi Band competitor