President Donald Trump, accompanied by from left, Tennessee First Lady Maria Lee, Putnam County Mayor Randy Porter, Cookeville Mayor Ricky Shelton, Trump, and Gov. Bill Lee, R-Tenn., tour damage from a recent tornado, Friday, March 6, 2020, in Cookeville, Tenn.
In addition to the stellar musical lineup, Mike "Grimey" Grimes, co-owner of the East Nashville venue the Basement East - which was mostly destroyed in the tornado, though its famous "I Believe in Nashville" mural remains intact - will speak at the event. Statewide, the death toll stood at 24.
President Donald Trump arrived in Putnam County Friday morning to survey some of the hardest-hit areas from this week's deadly tornadoes. Marsha Blackburn and other top officials.
"This is real devastation.Hope we never see again", Trump told reporters. A white laundry basket, chairs from a dining table, cinder blocks and a step ladder dotted the landscape.
"When you have those who lost somebody, that's a very tough situation", Trump said during the almost 40-minute stop. Davidson County, Wilson County, Benton County and Putnam County were all affected.
"I Believe in Nashville" t-shirt 100% of all profits from shirts sold will be donated to non profits working to provide assistance to Tornado victims including The Community Foundation of Middle TN for Disaster Relief. You can see how the dark spot on Trump's trousers (as well as the dark spots on everyone else's clothing) move in a manner consistent with shadows and wrinkles.
As of Friday noon, the United States reported 14 deaths, majority in King County, northwestern state of Washington, and over 240 confirmed cases, according to real-time data provided Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering, based in Baltimore, Maryland.
In addition, the Community Resource Center, which is acting as Nashville's main clearing house for tangible donations such as water, blankets and diapers, closed on Sunday to allow staff and volunteers time to process and distribute what they had already received.
- US coronavirus cases rise; first deaths earlier than officials realized
- Valve Developer Hints at More Half-Life Games
- State confirms first presumptive positive case of COVID-19 in Colorado
- Daily new COVID-19 infections continue downward trend
- Coronavirus Shoppers Brawl Over Toilet Paper, Police Advise Public This Isn’t ‘Thunderdome’
- Hawaii investigating contacts of cruise ship virus patients
- Tito's Warns Don't Use Its Vodka To Make Hand Sanitizer
- Sen. Kamala Harris endorses Joe Biden
- Worldwide court backs Afghan war crimes probe
- Liverpool deserved to lose, says Jurgen Klopp after FA Cup exit