The news came one day after Rudy Gobert reportedly became the first player in the league to test positive for the virus, prompting the cancellation of Wednesday's Jazz game in Oklahoma City moments before tip-off.
Prior to the Jazz's game against the Thunder, the team listed two of their players as out for tonight's game - Emmanual Mudiay and Gobert.
During an interview of the Dallas Mavericks and Denver Nuggets game on ESPN Wednesday night, Mavs' owner Mark Cuban said the news of the events in Oklahoma City was "stunning".
The Jazz said they are working closely with federal and Oklahoma and Utah state officials "to monitor their health and determine the best path moving forward".
Sports leagues around the country are grappling with what to do.
More than 1,200 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the U.S. and 38 people have died from the respiratory disease. Though he never entered the arena, players from both teams were immediately quarantined.
The postponement announcement came about 35 minutes after the scheduled tipoff, with the public-address announcer saying the decision was made "due to unforeseen circumstances".
Donovan Mitchell has since also tested positive for coronavirus, but he was the only other Jazz player or staff member who was infected - at least as of Thursday afternoon.
National Basketball Association fans are now convinced Gobert is reason officials were forced to postpone Utah's latest match.
"The individual is now in the care of health officials in Oklahoma City", the Jazz said, adding that updates would come as appropriate.
Officials then announced that the game would be postponed to a later date without specifying a reason, and that everyone needs to leave the arena.
Shortly after, both teams and the officials left the floor completely.
- Coronavirus: 26 Oklahomans on Grand Princess cruise ship
- World Health Organization declares coronavirus a pandemic
- Congressman who wore gas mask on House floor now self-quarantined
- Dow Jones sets record drop after trading was briefly halted on Monday
- Trump tells GOP he wants payroll tax waived through election
- Experts predict joy for motorists as oil prices collapse
- Port Of New York And New Jersey Chief Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Max Von Sydow: Actor dies aged 90
- All the Details on Hannah Ann Sluss' Engagement Ring From Peter Weber
- E3 Games Industry Expo Cancelled Over Coronavirus Concerns