It marks the first time that someone known to have the virus was in close proximity to the president.
Mr Trump was seen in one photograph standing directly next to Mr Wajngarten.
Following the positive test, one of Trump's closest confidantes, United States senator Lindsey Graham, has gone into self-quarantine after he attended the same meeting. He attended a Cabinet meeting on March 4 that was chaired by President Emmanuel Macron and Parliament sessions last week, where at least five lawmakers have tested positive. He had been asked about his attendance at the CPAC conference, where another person was also tested positive for coronavirus.
He later posted a photo of the meeting on his Instagram account, adding: "Make Brazil Great Again" as a caption.
She also indicated that neither Trump nor Pence meant to self-quarantine as a precautionary measure.
Grisham said under government guidelines "there is now no indication to test patients without symptoms, and only people with prolonged close exposure to confirmed positive cases should self-quarantine".
Trump said he is "not concerned" about the possible consequences of the interaction he had with Bolsonaro, Wajngarten, and their team.
Trump said on Thursday he was not concerned about being exposed to the coronavirus after dining last week with Bolsonaro, whose press aide tested positive.
"He's doing a terrific job in Brazil and we'll find out what happens". "I don't know if the press aide was there, if he was there, he was there". Trump on Wednesday canceled his political travel for the coming weeks, but he has disregarded the advice of medical and public health professionals to stop shaking hands.
On Thursday evening, Bolsonaro delivered a live Facebook broadcast alongside his Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta, while both wore protective masks.
Photo ops of Trump or Pence getting tested, they said, would be inconsistent with a message that people should follow the recommendations of their doctors and that healthy Americans are likely to stay healthy. Gaetz isolated himself from the others on the plane and sat in a section of the plane by himself.
- NBA Suspends 2019-20 Season After Jazz Player Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Putin approves changes allowing him to stay in power until 2036
- Biden wins four USA states on 'Big Tuesday,' reaches out to Sanders
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Ivy League Cancels Spring Sports
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Allies back Putin as critics denounce 'president for life' plan
- Brazil's Secretary of Communications Tested Positive for Coronavirus