The NBA said the suspension of all scheduled games is "until further notice" and that the league will "use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the pandemic".
Gobert on Monday joked about the NBA's policy to keep media members at a safe distance from players in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
The Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City was nearly filled to capacity and players had already begun pre-game warm-ups when both the Jazz and Thunder teams suddenly walked off the court and returned to their locker rooms.
ESPN columnist Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the player in question is Utah center Rudy Gobert, and that players from the Jazz and Thunder were being quarantined at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Centre Rudy Gobert was that first positive test.
The Jazz played the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons and Toronto Raptors over the past 10 days.
Although the National Basketball Association has yet make a formal announcement on an initial timetable for its hiatus, team owners are encouraging commissioner Adam Silver to re-evaluate the situation after 30 days, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link), who says the league is expected to provide an official update soon. According to Bleacher Report's Howard Beck, a team executive put the odds of the season eventually resuming at 90%. We await those results.
"It gets scary because it's unknown", LaVine said Tuesday night.
With other sports leagues either playing without their fans or suspending their seasons, the hope is there will be a solution in the very near future.
- Donald Trump ‘Not Concerned’ After Bolsonaro Aide Tested Positive for Coronavirus
- World Health Organization declares coronavirus a pandemic
- Ivy League Cancels Spring Sports
- NCAA cancels March Madness, Big Ten cancels all spring sports
- BCCI Suspends IPL 2020 for Coronavirus
- All the Details on Hannah Ann Sluss' Engagement Ring From Peter Weber
- Trump tells GOP he wants payroll tax waived through election
- NBA Suspends Season Due to the Coronavirus
- Turkey condemns deadly Iraq attack on coalition troops
- Dow falls 8.7 percent as U.S. stocks face another rout