Trump had said Friday that he would probably take the test at some point, but the White House doctor said as recently as Friday night that no test was called for because he wasn't exhibiting symptoms.
He was checked on Friday, the White House physician said.
"People come up to me, they shake hands, they put their hand out", Mr Trump said.
Vice President Mike Pence said Saturday that he had not yet been tested, but said he would speak to white House staff following Saturday's press conference.
But while meeting with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro last week, he came in close contact with another Brazilian official who has since tested positive and concerns had been mounting. "The press has been going insane".
Conley added that since Trump does not have any symptoms, he did not need to be tested.
Before returning to the Oval Office, Trump told reporters that he was tested for the virus, but was not yet aware of the results.
Trump, who has continued to shake hands with people, including during his announcement Friday at the White House that he was declaring a national emergency , despite the CDC's recommendation to limit physical contact, told reporters that "it nearly becomes a habit".
White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham earlier told reporters that a test for the novel coronavirus for Trump is not necessary because he has "neither had prolonged close contact with any known confirmed COVID-19 patients, nor does he have any symptoms". The original ban was to prevent foreigners who had been in 26 or more European countries in the past week from entering the U.S. This was in an attempt to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Meanwhile, the Brazilian president after the news that one of his delegates (press secretary Fabio Wajngarten) tested positive for Covid-19 also had his test done. The Brazilian President on Friday on his page on Facebook wrote, hthe coronavirus according to the analysis had not revealed.
Official US advice is that people who have contact with a confirmed case should stay at home for 14 days.
Earlier in the conference, Trump expressed excitement regarding the stock market's bounce back following his press conference in the White House Rose Garden on Friday.
Saturday also brought news that another top GOP official, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, had been tested for coronavirus.
Before Saturday's briefing, a member of the White House medical team took the temperature of all journalists wishing to attend.
- Saudi Aramco yearly profits down 20.6 percent
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Coronavirus: New Zealand bowler Lockie Ferguson in isolation
- UEFA Champions League Star Swallows Own Tongue After Being Knocked Out
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- How Did Other Infectious Diseases, Like The COVID-19, End?
- Viking Cruises temporarily halts all voyages amid coronavirus pandemic
- Rudy Gobert issues apology: ‘I was careless and make no excuse’
- Schools across CT close as state allows for shorter school year
- National Basketball Association suspends season after Utah Jazz player tests positive for COVID-19