Although Elba did not name the person he was with who tested positive for the virus, those who follow the actor closely are aware that he posed for pictures with Sophie Grégoire Trudeau last week.
"I got tested because I had realized I got exposed to someone who had also tested positive".
"Stay home people and be pragmatic".
"I'm doing okay. And Sabrina hasn't been tested, and she's doing okay", Elba continued. He immediately isolated himself and got his results on Monday.
Coronavirus continues to spread across the world with the number of deaths now being above 5,000 and infections above 140,000.
He also urged fans to not just take care of themselves, but be socially responsible as well.
His announcement comes as it was confirmed that 53 people had now died after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK.
Elba also noted that he will keep his social media followers updated on how he's doing. He voiced solidarity with others who have the virus.
"If you're feeling ill or you feel like you should be tested or you've been exposed do something about it, it's really important". In the United States alone, the latest numbers as of today show that 3,700 infected people with 64 ultimately perishing from the disease. On getting his results, he realised it was news a lot of people probably need to hear. The best way to stop the spread is to self-quarantine.
Elba encourages his fans to practice social distancing, proper hand washing, and transparency during these trying times.
- First coronavirus vaccine trials begin in humans
- Man Uniteds Fernandes Guardiola didnt deserve my respect in derby
- PM Abe gets emergency powers from Japan parliament to tackle coronavirus outbreak
- Wall Street trading halted after deep losses
- US Federal Reserve cuts US rates to near zero
- Josie Harris, The Mother Of Floyd Mayweather's Children, Passes Away
- Pelosi Announces House Will Vote on Coronavirus Relief Bill
- Coronavirus: New Zealand bowler Lockie Ferguson in isolation
- New York State Restaurants Move to Takeout and Delivery
- Coronavirus: Canada shuts borders to ALL countries except US