Meanwhile, movie theaters will close starting at 8 p.m. on Monday, casinos will close at 8 p.m. on Monday, gyms will close at 8 p.m. and bars and restaurants will shut down at 8 p.m. Monday and offer only takeout and delivery services, according to Govs.
Why it matters: Cuomo has criticized the federal government for not doing enough to confront the crisis, arguing that uniform, nationwide rules would be more effective than individual state mandates in slowing the influx of patients to hospitals.
"It makes no sense for me to do something in NY and New Jersey to do something else".
Trump said his teleconference with various governors went well but said "Cuomo of NY has to 'do more.'" Trump deleted the tweet, but not before Cuomo saw it and fired back on Twitter, saying, "I have to do more?"
"Donald Trump can keep saying that anybody who wants a test can get it", Goldman said.
Any mass gathering is now being limited to 50 people. These establishments will be provided a waiver for carry-out alcohol.
Gyms, movie theaters and casinos in NY also have been ordered to close as of that time.
Governor Andrew Cuomo says he's taking this action to reduce the spread of cornavirus.
"For the moment, we think the burden on particularly fist responders and health care workers, when you add to that shuttering of every school in the state, we need to be smart about this", he said. But if we're all in this together, we must work with our neighboring states to act together.
Across the country, health officials, politicians and business leaders talked about "social distancing" and "flattening the curve", or encouraging people to avoid others so as to slow the spread of the virus and keep USA hospitals from being overwhelmed with a sudden deluge of patients.
"Social distancing will help New York", Cuomo tweeted.
- Coronavirus Forces the Closure of All BVUSD Schools Beginning Monday, March 16th
- Trump tests negative for coronavirus, says physician
- Viking Cruises temporarily halts all voyages amid coronavirus pandemic
- Europe becomes epicenter of coronavirus pandemic: World Health Organization chief
- Pelosi Announces House Will Vote on Coronavirus Relief Bill
- Federal Courts In Mass. Delay Trials To End Of April
- Tens of millions under lockdown in France, Spain as virus spreads
- Saudi Aramco yearly profits down 20.6 percent
- UEFA Champions League Star Swallows Own Tongue After Being Knocked Out
- Coronavirus Impact: Mayor De Blasio Mulls Lockdown As NYC Cases Skyrocket