According to notice to suppliers from the internet retailer, the product categories Amazon is restocking from suppliers are: groceries, health and household items, baby products, beauty and personal care (including personal care appliances), industrial and scientific products, and pet supplies. Therefore, the company has made a decision to stop stocking "nonessential products", Reuters reports.
The not-so-good news is that items that don't fall into these categories could become harder to find on Amazon.
To improve its response to customer demand, the company now is focusing on stocking medical supplies, household staples, and other high-demand products.
"We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability on all of our products, and bring on additional capacity to deliver all of your orders", Amazon said in a blog post.
The changes will take effect immediately.
The company's Tuesday announcement means there will be a change in what kinds of products those third-party sellers can send to warehouses to be shipped out by Amazon.
There are 10 times more germs and batteries on your mobile phone than on a public toilet seat.
To be clear, Amazon will still ship your purchases of non-essential items as long as they are in stock.
With the way coronavirus is spreading, Amazon may come up with a similar kind of strategy in the future for the Indian market.
Entry-level workers at Amazon's fulfillment centers warn $15/hour, however, Amazon is giving all of these works a $2/hour pay increase through the end of April.
In addition to hiring thousands of new workers, Amazon said it is investing more than $350 million to raise pay for hourly employees in warehouse and distribution roles through April.
- Ibuprofen May Worsen Coronavirus Symptoms, WHO Warns
- US stocks open sharply lower on worsening economic outlook
- France to 'strongly reduce' movement to slow spread of virus
- Coronavirus outbreak: 'This is not a provincial shutdown', Ford says
- US Fed slashes benchmark interest rate, eases lending rules amid coronavirus
- Sony will detail the PlayStation 5 tomorrow
- Trump defends referring to coronavirus as 'the Chinese virus'
- Coronavirus Forces the Closure of All BVUSD Schools Beginning Monday, March 16th
- Israel's president to tap Netanyahu rival Gantz to form government -statement
- More NBA Players Test Positive for Virus