· Stay home if you are sick and advise others to do the same.
Up to $15 billion of this funding comes in the form of enhanced benefits programs.
At this same press conference, Trudeau announced an nearly $21 billion fiscal stimulus package to bolster Canada's economy in the face of the coronavirus crisis.
VICTORIA - A British Columbia clothing maker says it has seen a surge in demand for a dress Alberta's chief medical officer wore during a COVID-19 briefing this week.
Numerous more than 3 million Canadians based overseas want to return home, officials said on Thursday, and many would need government help as commercial flights become increasingly limited.
Nova Scotia is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 for a total of 14. Trump has assured Americans who are still out of their homes for work, that "money will be coming" to them.
"I think it's nearly there", Mr. Trudeau said.
"There's no doubt, these are uncertain times".
Trudeau also said the government hasn't ruled out recalling the House of Commons to invoke the Emergency Measures Act to further restrict movement within Canada if necessary.
"The Canada-U.S. border is the symbol of an unprecedented partnership".
"Every adult who qualifies will receive up to $300, with $150 for every child", said Trudeau.
This closure is one of several policies enacted by the President in response to the ever-growing COVID-19 pandemic, which include both health and economic measures. The US President not only repeated his claim of COVID-19 which originated in the Chinese province of Wuhan as the "Chinese Virus" but has also said that the pathogen's onslaught is not the fault of his country's citizens.
The federal tax season has also been extended, and Canadians have until June 1 to file their taxes, and until August 31 to pay if they owe money.
These measures were also announced as Canada closed its other borders to most non-citizens outside of the U.S., as announced by the prime minister on Monday.
Trudeau said on Thursday he was considering getting the military's help and urged Canadians to continue practicing social distancing.
- Joe Biden pledges to choose a woman as his running mate
- Yankees have second minor leaguer test positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus outbreak: Canada closing borders to non-citizens, Americans exempted
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Canada restricts travel and requires airlines to ban symptomatic passengers
- France to 'strongly reduce' movement to slow spread of virus
- US stocks open sharply lower on worsening economic outlook
- United States approves usage of Hydroxychloroquine as #COVID19 medicine
- How the new CBA impacts the Redskins in 2020 and beyond
- Slippery Rock University Suspends Face-To-Face Classes For Spring Semester