The Australian carrier said it is in talks with grocer Woolworths Group about redeploying some of its workers as supermarkets struggle to contend with an influx of shoppers rushing to purchase goods ahead of any broader domestic shutdown, which has so far been resisted by Morrison.
The government have already banned outdoor events of more than 500 people, while indoor gatherings restricted to 100.
Earlier today, the ABA announced Australian banks are deferring loan repayments for eligible small businesses, and Mr Morrison said the states are now working on additional relief regarding tenancy.
This means that if a venue is 100-square-metres, 25 people are allowed inside.
"Further work will be done on identifying how relief can be provided for tenants in both commercial and residential tenancies to ensure that in hardship conditions, there will be relief available", Mr Morrison said.
And stricter rules have been put in place for indoor gatherings that will affect places like restaurants, pubs and cinemas.
"The entry ban takes effect from Friday, March 20, 2020, at 9 pm (local time) with exemptions only for Australian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate family including spouses, legal guardians and dependants", he said.
The government also announced A$444.6 million ($260 million) in funding to support the aged-care industry, urged Australians to reconsider the need to travel and again emphasized that keeping schools open remained in the national interest.
The Prime Minister and Treasurer last week announced a $17.6 billion stimulus package, described at the time as a bid to keep Australia out of a recession.
- US, Mexico working on reassessing cross-border travel to curb coronavirus
- After more than 6 months, Overwatch introduces newest hero, Echo
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Yankees have second minor leaguer test positive for coronavirus
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Kevin Durant Tests Positive for Coronavirus
- Monaco Grand Prix CANCELLED, not postponed!
- United States approves usage of Hydroxychloroquine as #COVID19 medicine
- After Coronavirus Briefings, Sens. Richard Burr, Kelly Loeffler Dumped Stocks
- United States urges citizens to avoid global travel