"The Department of State advises USA citizens to avoid all worldwide travel due to the global impact of COVID-19", it said in the new advice. USA citizens who live overseas are also encouraged to avoid global travel at this time.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure of U.S. personnel and family members from any diplomatic or consular post in the world who have determined they are at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19 or who have requested departure based on a commensurate justification.
Several diplomats told Politico it was unprecedented.
But he noted he had a meeting later with State Department officials on the matter. "We haven't had the meeting yet", Trump told reporters at a news conference at the White House. "We're trying to get them out".
The lawmakers cited fears from Americans in Honduras, Morocco, Peru, and Tunisia who have recently reported difficulties in obtaining support from American embassies and consulates.
"Now the question, of course, is for Americans that are in countries right now that have closed their borders, that have shut down their airspaces", Atwood noted. The 68-year-old said that other governments seem to be doing more for their citizens. For example, they suggest having a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance; checking in with cruise lines, airlines or other travel providers for updated information; and visiting Embassy webpages for updated restrictions related to the virus. On March 11, he announced a ban on travel for non US citizens traveling from much of Europe.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo this week told Fox News that his department is doing everything possible to protect USA citizens around the world amid the pandemic. "Several current and former USA diplomats, some of them with several decades of experience, said they do not recall such a travel advisory ever being issued in the past", according to the report. 'So we're articulating them properly so that Americans make good decisions about whether they should or should not travel'.
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Yankees have second minor leaguer test positive for coronavirus
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Why Did Amanda Bynes Post Then Delete Her Official Pregnancy Announcement?
- US stocks open sharply lower on worsening economic outlook
- After Coronavirus Briefings, Sens. Richard Burr, Kelly Loeffler Dumped Stocks
- After more than 6 months, Overwatch introduces newest hero, Echo
- Monaco Grand Prix CANCELLED, not postponed!
- America-Canada border checkpoints closed down over COVID-19