The World Health Organization said the coronavirus can infect and take the lives of young people as well and they must also avoid mingling and spreading it to older and more vulnerable people.
But the World Health Organization said there was some good news as China has recorded no new cases of Covid-19 in the virus epicentre Wuhan or in surrounding Hubei province. With this it has provided hope for the rest of the world that even the most severe situation can be turned around.
The WHO chief's remarks follow reports that young people in many countries are being complacent about health warnings, because of the greater susceptibility to the virus among older patients.
"But", he added "it's also giving us something special - the opportunity to come together as one humanity - to work together, to learn together, to grow together".
"This large, global study is created to generate the robust data we need to show which treatments are the most effective", said Ghebreyesus.
"Solidarity is the key to defeating COVID-19, solidarity among countries, but also between age groups.
Everyday, we are learning more about the virus and the diseases it causes", he said.
NY state, which has reported over 7,000 cases and 39 deaths, followed suit on Friday, ordering its almost 20 million residents to do the same from Sunday evening. We must exercise caution.
Information via the service includes the latest figures on COVID-19 across the world, the symptoms of coronavirus, how you can protect yourself, mythbusters, travel advice and links to all the latest news and rolling updates.
The WHO has distributed 1.5 million laboratory tests worldwide, and it may need potentially 80 times that number in this pandemic, he said. Although people may need to go into physical isolation, they did not need to become socially isolated, it said. "Thank you for heeding our call for solidarity, solidarity, solidarity", he said.
COVID-19 seems to reach a new and tragic milestone every day, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told journalists on Friday.
- United States urges citizens to avoid global travel
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Non-Essential Travel Limited Between US and Mexico
- Iran's Rouhani defends virus response despite no lockdownNews
- Senators' stock sales under fire after coronavirus tanked markets
- Coronavirus Task Force: Existing malaria medication could be used for virus treatment
- Nirbhaya case: Four convicts hanged after long-delayed quest for justice
- PGA Championship becomes second golf major to be postponed due to coronavirus
- 56 percent of California expect to get coronavirus — Newsom
- Kenny Rogers dies at 81 after a decorated country music career