He said that if Italy, where 4,825 people have now died from the virus, had taken the same approach to rigorous testing like Vo, it "would not be in this situation".
Of the 3,200 deaths reviewed in the survey, only nine were aged less than 40, all but one of them men.
Spanish health minister Salvador Illa said the army will help set up a field hospital of 5,500 beds and intensive care units inside a convention centre in Madrid.
Next week will be "absolutely crucial and we expect to see a sign of an inversion of the trend", Franco Locatelli, head of the Superior Health Council, said at an appearance with Borrelli.
But other countries will want to examine each of these factors and address them through various preventive measures in their bids to avoid becoming the next Italy.
The other most disconcerting statistic is that another 3,251 people have tested positive since Friday in the region.
Wuhan, the city in China where the outbreak began, offered a ray of hope with no new infections reported for a third day in a row and only 39 cases reported nationwide - all of them brought from the outside, the government said.
"We are slowing down the country's production engine but we are not stopping it", he said.
The number of coronavirus cases in Italy continues to soar.
Almost one billion people around the world were confined to their homes on Sunday, as the coronavirus death toll crossed 13,000 and factories were shut in worst-hit Italy after another single-day fatalities record.
The order followed Conte's decision late Saturday to temporarily halt all non-essential business activity as the country of 60 million faces its biggest challenge since World War II. The patient was a 58-year-old taxi driver who had driven tourists from Italy, authorities said adding that man had previous health issues, including untreated diabetes.
As coronavirus cases ballooned in Europe, several countries imposed or planned new restrictions to try to curb the spread.
"It feels like we are in another world".
As announced on March 21 the Italian authorities for the past day in the country nearly 20% increase in the number of victims of coronavirus - killed 793 people.
Life in lockdown: Ines Prandini, 85, washes her husband's hands, Gino Verani, 87, at home in San Fiorano in this picture taken by their grandson, schoolteacher Marzio Toniolo, March 15, 2020.
In the weeks after Italy confirmed its first case, the number of cases reported there remained low.
- Senators' stock sales under fire after coronavirus tanked markets
- PM Narendra Modi's Coronavirus Speech Has Already Invited Memes And Jokes
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Prime Minister tells pubs, clubs, restaurants and leisure centres to shut
- After Coronavirus Briefings, Sens. Richard Burr, Kelly Loeffler Dumped Stocks
- Covid-19: Canada-US border to close on Saturday
- Country legend Kenny Rogers dies at 81
- Sen. Loeffler Denies Insider Trading, 2020 Opponent Rep. Collins ‘Sickened’
- PGA Championship becomes second golf major to be postponed due to coronavirus